We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a lounger/umbrella

London
Level Contributor
254 posts
42 reviews
Renting a lounger/umbrella

Hi,

We are looking at coming to Khao Lak on a budget and wondered if anyone can tell me if there are any places to rent umbrella's etc... on the beach or if any hotels offer reasonably priced access to their loungers for non residents.

Many thanks

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
145 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Renting a lounger/umbrella

Lots of little bars on the beach with loungers and umbrellas set out in front. Plonk yourself on a lounger, buy a drink or three, have a simple lunch and the lounger is yours for the day. Simple!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Renting a lounger/umbrella

Nearly every one of the 9 beaches has restaurants/bars on the edge of the beach that provide a lounger and umbrella free of charge for customers. Where are you staying?

Ashford, United...
Level Contributor
337 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: Renting a lounger/umbrella

Hi Arandora

I have been wondering this too. We arrive mid Feb - where can you recommend on the beach near Bhandari Spa hotel please?

Thank you

London
Level Contributor
254 posts
42 reviews
4. Re: Renting a lounger/umbrella

Sounds perfect thanks!

We ve not booked yet but thinking of the Palm Garden as it looks so quiet and we don't mind a stroll to the beach to avoid the nightclubs.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
5. Re: Renting a lounger/umbrella

dannic

Best place for you is down onto the beach, turn right go past the Sands Resort. First place you reach is Peter Bar and Restaurant then past there and the La-Own Resort there are about 9 0r 10 restaurant/bars and massage places. Take Your pic.

MrCroc

From Palm Garden which kis on the mountain side of the highway probably a taxi or longer alk to same place.

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
145 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: Renting a lounger/umbrella

This is Khao Lak you are talking about..... what nightclubs?

From Palm Garden, your closest beach is Bang Niang Beach. North of the river (your side) there are 6 little bars/restaurants, all with sun loungers available. You can spend the whole day there, eat. drink, have a massage etc. You don't have to bag your spot at dawn either!! Wade across the inlet and there are more bars. I'm sure Arandora has got some pictures somewhere....... if you ask nicely!

Ashford, United...
Level Contributor
337 posts
25 reviews
7. Re: Renting a lounger/umbrella

Thanks very much Arandora. Your advice is always much appreciated.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
8. Re: Renting a lounger/umbrella

Khao Lak Beaches 2014/15 High Season to date - see tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

See latest maps at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

Edited: 11 January 2015, 19:59
London
Level Contributor
254 posts
42 reviews
9. Re: Renting a lounger/umbrella

Well bars with music until 2am as reported by in TA posts.

Thanks for all your tips it sounds perfect for us.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
10. Re: Renting a lounger/umbrella

There are few but enough late night bars some with live music in both Bang La On and Bang Niang, none obtrusive and none in the near vicinity of the Palm Garden. See tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g297914-c202327/Kha…

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations