We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More questions: Khao Lak Orchid or Sentido Graceland?

Sarpsborg, Norway
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
More questions: Khao Lak Orchid or Sentido Graceland?

Hi again, Arandora! (And others)

Im sorry, but it seems i cant make up my mind!

I'v sent an e-mail to the Orchid and they gave us a package deal, 78,999 Baht for the 3 of us in Triple room at Orchid wing.

I have now sent them 3 mails after that to hav a confirmation on our stay but no respond??

That makes me a bit ancious, because the airplane tickets are booked and we don't want stay in a bad hotel and we would like a beach front hotel.

So in this time, waiting for them to answer my mails I have been doing some reserch and we can get a good deal at the Sentido?

So again: what are the beach like in front of this resort and are there any good restaurant near by?

I have been looking on previous posts about the Sentido, but what is "up to date" now after all the restaurant removal?

Again, many thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Phuket Orchid Resort & Spa
Phuket Orchid Resort...
755 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Peterborough...
Level Contributor
318 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: More questions: Khao Lak Orchid or Sentido Graceland?

Hello, I can give you information from our last visit to the Sentido Graceland in September. There are 5 or 6 beach restaurant on the right as you come out onto the beach and some more were getting ready to open. The beach is idyllic in front of the hotel just like a picture from a brochure. It is a very quiet location and you will need transport to get anywhere. The hotel has a free shuttle twice a day to Bang La On ( Khao Lak centre ) which also stops at Bang Niang ( market ). It's about 20 minutes. We have stayed in a pool view room, a pool access room and a private pool villa. We thought they were all great, obviously more privacy with the villa but depends on what you want. We have already booked our next trip in April, counting down the days!

Have a great time whenever you decide.

Mentioned in this post
SENTIDO Graceland Khao Lak Resort & Spa
SENTIDO Graceland Khao...
1,591 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Bang Niang Market
Bang Niang Market
957 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: More questions: Khao Lak Orchid or Sentido Graceland?

I'm surprised the Orchid hasn't replied but I do now that their Reservations Manager is out of the country at the moment. I would Email them again.

We were at Bang Sak Beach just past Gracelands a few weeks ago and you can see the pics of the beach at https:/… You can also read the latest on beach restaurants at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

Gracelands is very popular with French guests and when we were there there were lots of c=activities going on with quite loud pool aquarobics. It is the furthest north of all Khao Lak's resorts but plenty of eating opportinities nearby.

It depends how near you want to be to the greater number of restaurants, cars and shops in Bang Niang and Bang La On.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket Orchid Resort...
755 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Sarpsborg, Norway
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: More questions: Khao Lak Orchid or Sentido Graceland?

Thanks for the the great answer kdhFrance, the Sentido shure sounds wery nice and looks WERY nice to. The fact that You already have booked your next stay, tells me we won't be dissapointed! The only thing is that it is Wery far from everything, but again for us, the beach and good (beach) restaurant is the most important thing.

We also like the Orchid wery much, since we stayed at JW Mariott our last time in KL and the Kukak beach is also wery nice and closer to town, besides Arandora (and other) speaks highly of it, great nearby restaurants to. And a good deal!

I got a respond to my mail to the Orchid not long a go, so we have to take the evening to

make a finall decison.

Thank U so much kdhFrance, and have a lovly next stay at the Sentido!

Mentioned in this post
Phuket Orchid Resort...
755 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Sarpsborg, Norway
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: More questions: Khao Lak Orchid or Sentido Graceland?

Hi again, Arandora!

What would we do without your support and high dedication to promote all KL has to offer all of us (lost souls) trying to figure out where to stay, where to eat, best beach etc etc! Thank U!

However I just got an answer from the Orchid and the deal is wery good, so for the moment it seems we are relying on your expertice, and go with the Orchid. The total package includes a lot, free shuttle AirPort, 2 thai dinner, seafood barbeque, discount on spa and bevereges! Etc.

So finally made my mind up it seems!

Last question: The Boatyard is it possible to take a tuktuk there or do we go to white sand beach and walk the rest? We were quite dissapointed of White sand beach our last time, since the first time there were no sunloungers on the beach, last time it was crowded! So we want to try Coconut beach and the Boatyard this time!

Cant wait, only 4 weeks left!

Mentioned in this post
Phuket Orchid Resort...
755 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Boatyard
Boatyard
238 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
White Sand Beach
White Sand Beach
2,169 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Norway
Level Contributor
76 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: More questions: Khao Lak Orchid or Sentido Graceland?

Hi Otifly

Just ask the driver to take you to Coconut Beach, the road og all the way down to Boatyard, so no need to og via WSB. I think you made a good choise with Orchid, have a grate vacation. Just one week no and we will be there :-)

WinterNorway

Mentioned in this post
Boatyard
Boatyard
238 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Phuket Orchid Resort...
755 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: More questions: Khao Lak Orchid or Sentido Graceland?

Agree entirely with WN1.

Sarpsborg, Norway
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: More questions: Khao Lak Orchid or Sentido Graceland?

Hope You have a fantastic vacation WinterNorway and thanks for all your help!

8. Re: More questions: Khao Lak Orchid or Sentido Graceland?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2016, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak