We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More questions about Khao Lak hotels?

Sarpsborg, Norway
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
More questions about Khao Lak hotels?

Hi again! And tanks for your quick and informative respond! I wrote this on my last tred about acommadation but suddenly I saw your post on new/futher questions, sorry about that.. But I got a few more questions...

We are no longer looking at Ayara since the beach is so important to us, we can get a good deal it seems at The Khao Lak Southsea on Cape Pakarang/bangsak beach? We have been looking on all your great beach photos Arandora and it looks like the Pakarang beach is a bit rocky in some parts? So hoping for your qualified oppinnon on that and also if those small restaurant/shops we see on the photos is nearby The Southsea. Not exsactly sure on wich is outside the Southsea dough?

We really loved our stay at JW Mariott, so we enjoy small restaurants by the beach and of course peace. Is this hotel wery far from the Kukkak beach an JWM?

It has been almost 3 years since our last trip, so my memory is not up to date...

And at last...

The Boatyard restaurant is that the one on White Sand Beach? If not I would love directions, must have missed it..

Many thanks again!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: More questions about Khao Lak hotels?

These questions answered at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

The South Sea is on Cape Pakarang next to the Apsara facing Pakarang Beach. Quite a distance from Bang Sak Beach. Have a look at the links to latest maps in the Top Question FAQs on the right of the full forum page.

Sarpsborg, Norway
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: More questions about Khao Lak hotels?

Thanks again, like WN said, what would we do without your advise!

I think I finally got your point, The Southsea isnt your favorite, and if we are looking at truck loads of chinees tourists that could be a bit much? Like loads of any type of nationalities would bee in a small area.

But I took your advise and contacted the Orchid beach resort and they gave us a quick respond and a good offer I belive?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: More questions about Khao Lak hotels?

I'm trying to be objective about the South Sea. Hopefully its new management will operate it more successfully than the previous ones. I don't think you will be disappointed at all with the Orchid Beach. Great location, great beach and now with a few more local restaurants within easy walking distance and not that far from those next to the JWM.

4. Re: More questions about Khao Lak hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2016, 11:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations