We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island hopping in thailand

Blackpool, United...
4 posts
Island hopping in thailand

Hi I'm travelling to thailand in February and wondering the best way to get from place to place, from phuket we travel to khoa lak then onto phi phi from there we travel to ko lanta then krabi onto railay Island and back to krabi thanks for any advise.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,261 posts
69 reviews
1. Re: Island hopping in thailand

From Phuket it's easy to either self drive or hire a driver/taxi to take you to Khao Lak, but then you are going back on yourselves to go to Phi Phi. I would start in Khao Lak, then head to Phuket, Phi Phi, Koh Lanta and Krabi (Railay).

khao lak
Level Contributor
273 posts
1 review
2. Re: Island hopping in thailand

you are indeed doing it the wrong way round.idealy khao lak first,but ,if you have booked phuket,then phuket khao lak,krabi,phi phi,lanta,while you are down there try to get to koh muk and koh kradang.also a trip to koh rok.

Blackpool, United...
4 posts
3. Re: Island hopping in thailand

Thanks guys for you're quick response, we are staying at each resort for 3 nights and all hotels are booked , I will look at rearranging them in the order you suggest , not flying out until February 4th so hopefully won't get charged but many thanks and will certainly look at going to the islands you recommend ,once again many thanks

Blackpool, United...
4 posts
4. Re: Island hopping in thailand

Hi just checked my itinerary and after 3 nights in Bangkok we fly to Phuket ,is ther anyway to get from Bangkok to khao lak without stopping in Phuket? I guess Phuket is the nearest airport is it???

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,261 posts
69 reviews
5. Re: Island hopping in thailand

You're still better off flying to Phuket and then getting a taxi to Khao Lak as it's only around 75 minutes north of Phuket.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
6. Re: Island hopping in thailand

Posted twice and answered on other thread at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

7. Re: Island hopping in thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 January 2015, 23:05
8. Re: Island hopping in thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2016, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak