We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

peters bar

wales
Level Contributor
77 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
peters bar

Is peters bar still open on sunset beach please.?

Thanks

Ian

Little Italy
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Italian, Pizza, Barbecue
Pam's Restaurant & Bar
₹, Seafood, Asian, Thai
Siam Turmeric
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Seafood, Fast food, Deli
Princetown, United...
Level Contributor
260 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: peters bar

i hope so, i,v had good reports of this place off your friends "the trottmans"along with the walkers for watching the 6 nations,

Edited: 28 December 2014, 18:38
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: peters bar

I think it is under new management.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: peters bar

Peter's Bar is now under new ownership and is called the Andalea Restaurant. Called in for a drink earlier today and it is, as you would expect for the only independent restaurant on Sunset Beach, very popular and very reasonably priced. No TV there.

There are now only 2 Peter's Bars, one on Khao Lak Beach and the other on Nang Thong Beach just past the Sands.

Mentioned in this post
Andalea Bar,
Andalea Bar,
225 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Sunset Beach Resort
Sunset Beach Resort
1,141 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Nang Thong Beach
Nang Thong Beach
71 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: peters bar

Arandora. I noticed a thread started by someone having a problem getting hold of reliable contact details for accommodation at Peter's Hut.

But in the end the OP decided to book somewhere else, and the thread went dead.

Any update, as it looks a decent budget option, and well located.

Cheers LL

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: peters bar

Sorry

No further information even from a friend who stayed there and provided one of the alternative contact details but got embroiled in action against previous employee on change of ownership from Bangobeean to Peter Hut for misappropriation of funds. Peter Hut contact via website is supposed to now be the means to contact. It is very simple accommodation and more suitable for short term basic accommodation.

Mentioned in this post
Peter Bar & Restaurant
Peter Bar & Restaurant
494 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Merthyr Tydfil...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: peters bar

Hi Arandora, thank you for taking the time to find out about Peter's bar (Andalea), we will no doubt pop in to check it out when we visit at the end of February, has anything been changed apart from the name/ownership ?

Thank you Ian.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: peters bar

Hi Ian

We only passed by when it was Peter's on one of our beach walks and yesterday was the first time we had stopped off for a drink as it was so hot. It was mid-afternoon and every table at the front part between the bar and the massage tables down to the beach was taken so we sat at the bar. The new owner who made our drinks took time to chat to us in very good English about the change in ownership. He said he was busy from 10am to 2am nearly every day. A little, well not so little really, gold mine!

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: peters bar

Arandora #5. Thanks, another one to cross off my list.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: peters bar

Spoke to my friend who stayed at Peter Hut and he says that ownership problem is now cleared and the link on the Peter Hut website should now work. He will be returning there next year. He has moved on to Aow Thong Bungalows on White Sand Beach which are within your budget and where he stays every year. He says the new bungalows are excellent.

Mentioned in this post
Peter Bar & Restaurant
Peter Bar & Restaurant
494 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
White Sand Beach
White Sand Beach
2,169 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: peters bar

Thanks again.

I think what we'll do is book our first few nights [from 14 March] somewhere between the main road and Bang Niang Beach. Then as we wander round we can be a bit more selective

I 've more or less talked myself into Phuket for our last week as there are some [what appear to be] excellent deals from 1 April onwards.

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak