We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nappies available in Khao Lak??

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Nappies available in Khao Lak??

Hello,

This might be a silly question - apologies if so.

I'm bringing my toddler to Khao Lak in January. Apart from the obvious, mosi repellent, mosi net for pram etc, what do I need to bring? Can I buy nappies easily in Bang Niang at the 7/11 or would I need to get to Bang La On for supplies?

Is fresh milk/UHT/or toddler milk easily available? And are the restaurants child friendly?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Siam Turmeric
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Seafood, Fast food, Deli
Pam's Restaurant & Bar
₹, Seafood, Asian, Thai
Ben's Restaurant
₹, Pizza, Seafood, Italian
Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
164 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nappies available in Khao Lak??

Hi,

What age is your toddler? When we were there in Jan 14 (going back jan 15) with a 2 & 3 yr old we found Nang Thong Supermarket the best for all things toddler related. It had a wide selection of nappies & wipes (including swim nappies) way more than the 7/11s. Also it had a good selection of yoghurts and Yakut like drinks. But it had full fat milk which we found difficult to get hold of elsewhere- maybe we were looking in all wrong places! I know they also sold formula too but ours were beyond that stage.

I would recommend that you pack enough nappies to do you about 3 days after you land then then you have time to find your feet and then go and then take a trip through to Nang Thong Supermarket and stock up for the rest of you holiday & the flight back.

Also they had good selection of cereals which we used for breakfast and snacks!

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
499 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nappies available in Khao Lak??

Nappies are available but it depends on the size of your toddler, mine is on the larger side so he was in nappies a size smaller. In Patong they sell the larger nappies.

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,450 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nappies available in Khao Lak??

Absolutely no need to go to Patong! Nang Thong and other supermarkets/ minimarts and 711s are well stocked and there are children's shops in both Bang La On and an excellent one up the highway from Bang Niang on the highway near the entrance to the bus station.

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
499 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nappies available in Khao Lak??

I didn't mean to say to go to Patong! What I should've said is, if your toddler is a chubby toddler then you should bring them from home as I had trouble with the size as they don't sell the larger ones in a Khao Lak.

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,450 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nappies available in Khao Lak??

I'm suggesting that you can get larger sizes in Khao Lak. Some Thais do have large babies too. The two shops I referred to as opposed to the super/mini marts, particularly the one near the bus staion are more for locals than tourists,

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
6. Re: Nappies available in Khao Lak??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2015, 06:49
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak