We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spanner in the works!

London
Level Contributor
453 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Spanner in the works!

I was just about to book the Kantary Khao Lak when I started looking at the Beyond Resort Khao Lak!!!

I am really sorry to "keep" posting but can't seem to make our minds up!

How does it compare to the Kantary regarding the beach? I know it's still a cab/ shuttle to town but is it "much" further??

Thanks again all! I promise I will book soon! 😃

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
959 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spanner in the works!

Just book the Kantary!

Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
959 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spanner in the works!

......and STOP looking. We have travelled all over Thailand and the beach at the Kantary is our firm favourite, by far.

It seems as though a great beach is your main priority, so just go for it!

P.S We love the accommodation too, but it is clearly not typically Thai.

Mentioned in this post
west yorkshire
Level Contributor
112 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spanner in the works!

Cabdriver having been to beyond twice , I would not hesitate in recommending it, the beach is amazing nobody under 16 allowed, great staff and luxury rooms, as with everything you get what you pay for, just book it

London
Level Contributor
453 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spanner in the works!

Thanks for your replies!

When you stayed at Beyond how long/far is it from town where the restaurants/ bars are? Looking at all the reviews there aren't any mentions regarding this.

Thanks again.....and again.....

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
183 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spanner in the works!

Hi cabdriver, we stayed at Beyond in October and wish I was back there now! great villas, staff & beach. There are restaurants on the beach next to beyond recommend Pason to the right also restaurants on main road at the entrance recommend Elious. If you walk the beaches left & right of the resort you will pass a few restaurants & bars

The resort has a shuttle that takes you into the main town & markets or there are taxis at the entrance.

Deb

Mentioned in this post
Pason
Pason
312 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
London
Level Contributor
453 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spanner in the works!

Thanks Deb, that's very helpful. How much were the taxis or shuttle into town?

Thanks again....

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
183 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spanner in the works!

If I remember correctly about $3AUD (shuttle) each way we just charged to our account. The beach restaurant & bar at the resort is reasonably priced and lovely beach setting. Buffets nights are also good.

There are enough restaurants near the resort to keep one well fed!

Meant Eilicous restaurant spelling error!

I would check if they have any deals in the near future (like groupon etc) Robert the manager of the resort said they would be regularly having promotions. The one we had was with deals.com was terrific value.

Its a wonderful relaxing resort.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
183 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spanner in the works!

Brain dead today Elicious..... If you do book Beyond and you walk along beach to White sand beach you will pass Rimlay restaurant worth a visit its next to the new Pullman resort. White Sands also good beach restaurants and in the opposite direction from Beyond near Mia Resort there are a lot of restaurants open.

Mentioned in this post
White Sand Beach
White Sand Beach
2,169 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Spanner in the works!

If you look at this thread it will give you an update on the beach restaurants near the Beyond tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k… and the link to the pics of the current state of the beaches which you've already had will show the latest position.

Elicious has relocated into more substantial and permanent premises next door to the entrance to the Beyond on the highway.

In my view the 5* Beyond is a better resort, as indicated by its prices, than the 4* Kantary but purely for "nicest beach" Kantary has it for me.

10. Re: Spanner in the works!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2015, 05:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations