We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April hotel prices

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
184 reviews
Save Topic
April hotel prices

Hello guys.......I'm looking for one room for 2 adults & 2 children (age 3&12)....we only require one extra bed for the 12 year old, 5 night from April 6th, 2015

I've noticed some hotels start the LOW season from 1st April, some start the LOW season from the end of April, so there is a big difference in price for some hotels.

I really want to stay at NTBR1 beachfront bungalow but with extra bed this is 3500baht per night (high season price)

Cousin Resort have a family bungalow for 2000baht per night (low season price)

Is the NTBR really worth nearly double the money for less space or should I be sensible and stick with Cousin Resort?

Thanks guys

Mentioned in this post
Cousin Resort
Cousin Resort
82 Reviews
Khuk Khak, Thailand
melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,855 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: April hotel prices

Yes and No

NTBR1 you are beachfront, nice..

Cousin, you are a short walk to the beach.

both have a nice pool area for those mandatory and often swims.

depends whether you think beachfront is a biggie..

if not, Cousin, and lots of extra spending money.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,450 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: April hotel prices

Generally Low Season prices are reduced from about 15th April after Songkran because this is alao very popular period with both visitors from Europe and Australia because of Easter holidays. Remember that Easter falls early in 2015 with Easter Sunday the day we arrive home after nearly 5 months at the Cousin being Easter Sunday. So prices likely to remain high and availability especially for budget family accommodation high. There are only two family bungalows at Cousin, both 2 bed with main one end-suite plus another bathroom, living room, kitchen and dining areas. 5 minutes from the beach and way access to all the restaurants, bars and shops in Bang Niang as well as the three afternoons a week Bang Niang Market.

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bang Niang Market
Bang Niang Market
980 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: April hotel prices

Thanks guys. I think I'm going to book the Cousin Resort due to more space.

I've been quoted 2000baht per night for the family bungalow at the Cousin Resort, which seems very good value for money.

Looking forward to it

Mentioned in this post
Cousin Resort
Cousin Resort
82 Reviews
Khuk Khak, Thailand
Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
164 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: April hotel prices

The family rooms at Cousin are really spacious. There are 2 bedrooms as well as a huge living area with kitchen area. You can't go wrong for 2000 a night! The only wee suggestion I would have is make is to consider taking a light weight buggy for the 3 yr old. Cousin is not far from beach/ restaurants as adults walk but for wee people in the heat and their general wavy/ wandering walk it may take an age. Also it ain't no fun carrying them!

5. Re: April hotel prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2015, 03:47