There have been changes to the beach scene along most of Khao Lak's beautiful coastline, both natural, as they constantly change over the Wet Season, and man made, due to the enforced removal of illegal businesses that operated on some of the beaches.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words so here are links to photo albums of the various beaches along the Khao Lak coastline as they are now taken on our beach walks since our recent arrival in late November 2014 and through to our departure in April 2015. The albums will be added to and updated during the remainder of our stay. Some may contain only 1 picture at the moment until we get around to visiting them all.
They run north to south from Koh Kho Khao to Poseidon Beach:
* Koh Kho Khao, the small island to the north of Bang Sak Beach reached by short ferry crossing from Baan Nam Khem, the location of the Tsunami Memorial.
* Bang Sak Beach, from Sentido Gracelands Resort, Bang Sak Promenade near Haadson Resort, Bangsak Village and Manathai Khao Lak (formerly Royal Bang Sak Beach Resort) to the creek across to the northern end of Pak Weeb Beach.
* Pak Weeb Beach from the creek across to Bang Sak Beach, past the Mai Khao Lak, Beyond and Pullman Katilya (formerly Le Meridien) Resorts to the headland onto next stretch.
* Khuk Khak Beach from Pakarang Beach past the J W Marriott Resort and adjacent restaurants, Andamania Resort across the creek and past the Blue Lagoon and Orchid Resorts to the creek over to Bang Niang Beach.
* Bang Niang Beach from the creek at Khuk Khak Beach past the various resorts on the beach front, Shambala, Ayara Villas, Casa de la Flora, Fanari Beachfront, Sudala Beach, Chong Fah Resort, Sita Gardens, Box BK Bungalows Bungalows, Mukdara, La Flora and Ramada Resorts, to the creek across to Nang Thong Beach.
* Nang Thong Beach from the creek past La Own Resort, Peter Bar, Sands Resort, Andaman Beach Resort, Ocean Breeze, Green Beach, Nang Thong Bay (NTBR1), Centara Seaview, Nang Thong Beach (NTBR2), Suwan Palm, Baan Khao Lak and Laguna Resorts to rocks over to Sunset Beach.
* Sunset Beach from rocks next to Laguna, past Sensimar, Moracea (formerly Khao Lak Resort), Wanaburee, Paradise, Bayfront, Palm Beach,Sunset and Baan Krating Resorts to the Khao Lak Lamru National Park headland.
* Poseidon Beach past Komol's Corner and overlooked by Poseidon Bungalow Resort to the creek across to Tab Lamu Beach (within Royal Thai Navy Base)
Combined with the maps at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k… I hope these bring back memories for those who have previously enjoyed these wonderful and very individual beaches and perhaps encourage those who haven't been to Khao Lak to do so.
For a comparison with last High Season have a look at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…
I hope you enjoy viewing the beaches as Mrs.A and I do walking them.