We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Foreign exchange

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
10 reviews
Foreign exchange

Hi, we have finally arrived in Khao Lak late last night and it is indeed beautiful. Being a novice on Tripadvisor I cannot seem to find some of your posts I had read over the last few weeks, so apologies in advance....

We are staying at Apsara, other than Memories are there any other restaurants within walking distance, and, where is the nearest place to exchange some money please. Looking forward to getting out and exploring tomorrow.

Thanks

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Foreign exchange

Just past Memories on the beach is Rim Lay 2 restaurant then further down and across on to Khuk Khak Beach where we are at the moment looking towards the Apsara there are 4 restaurants just before the JWM. Walk down the beach road from the Apsara and at the junction with the road up to the highway there are three or four restaurants and another at the end of the beach road. Go across the Cape and walk down Pak Weeb Beach to the Boatyard and more just past there.

I think there is an ATM in the small block of shops just to your right as you turn up the road to the highway. Next one is up on the highway at the 711 - a long walk away. There are no money changers. If you want to change cash you will need to catch the shuttle or taxi into Bang La On 25 minutes away where al the banks and bank exchanges are located and some private money changers.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Foreign exchange

BTW the Boatyard is great for a sunset dinner and they will get you back to the Apsara after dark.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
410 posts
39 reviews
3. Re: Foreign exchange

Sorry to but in on this topic Arandora, but is The Boatyard therefore near to the Marriott, cause it sounds lovely to have dinner there and I'll be at the Marriot next year. Thanking you, Meredith.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: Foreign exchange

Thanks so much, perhaps I'll just exchange some cash here at the hotel for now. Hope you enjoy your trip too and look forward to reading your posts of your new finds.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
146 reviews
5. Re: Foreign exchange

Noooooo,

don't excahage at hotel, you will get a lousy rate,

any atm will be better, and the banks down town, better again.

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
6. Re: Foreign exchange

The Boatyard is not near the JWM. It is on White Sand Beach - north of Cape Pakarang.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
410 posts
39 reviews
7. Re: Foreign exchange

Thanks for that, think I misunderstood the previous post. Meredith.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
8. Re: Foreign exchange

Meredith

You can walk to the Boatyard from the JWM but it's a long walk. Better to get a taxi from near entrance to JWM and arrange pick up to bring you back.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
410 posts
39 reviews
9. Re: Foreign exchange

Sounds like a plan that, thank you Arandora.

10. Re: Foreign exchange

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2015, 11:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak