We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you know Pha Island?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Do you know Pha Island?

Do you know Pha Island? Can't find it in Google map.

Anyone been there?

how is it compare to Similam?

I want my young kids can feed/see some fish near the beach, rather than snorkel in the sea,

Any place we can do this in Khao Lak?

We will be in KL during Xmas, stay in Sands.

Thank you in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do you know Pha Island?

Do you mean Phra Island (Koh Phra Thong)? If so, I've been there, but not on a tour. I got a local fisherman to take me from Ban Muang Mai pier on the north end of Koh Kho Khao across the channel and up the west coast of Koh Phra Thong. There are four resorts on the island, beautiful beaches and some spectacular 'hidden' coves (on the west coast). The east coast is mostly mangroves.

EDIT: I haven't been to the Similans - so I can't compare it to them.

Edited: 27 November 2014, 04:16
Norway
Level Contributor
76 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do you know Pha Island?

Hi LoveCat

Kho Pha is a small sandy "island" just outside Kho Kho Khao. You walk around it in max 5 minutes. They try to plant some palm or causerina trees out there, so maybe in 15-20 years. Not worth the trip, and cant be compared with Similans. You will find it on Google maps if you look 1-2 km west of northwest end of Kho Kho Khao.

WN

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do you know Pha Island?

Thank you so much, guys. I figure it's close to Koh Kor Khao.

Because I find another tour said, "On arrival at Ban Nam Kaem pier ….. just 30 minutes we will reach an area for snorkeling just opposite Koh Kor Khao Island."

Might have to give Similans a miss this time, my kids are too young, they are 6 & 2.

Cheers.

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do you know Pha Island?

From WinterNorway's description, it sounds like there wouldn't be much to see when snorkeling at Koh Pha except water... and sand.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,446 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do you know Pha Island?

Not a place for young kids. Totally exposed, no shade and compared to Sumilans, Koh Tachai (which is great for the kids as you can snorkel from the beach while kids paddle in the crystal clear water) and Surins snorkelling is quite poor.it's not much more than a sand spit out at sea.

Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
976 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do you know Pha Island?

At the sands they have fish feeding twice daily, your kids will love it!

7. Re: Do you know Pha Island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2015, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak