We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay in Khao Lak

new york
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
where to stay in Khao Lak

My husband and I will be spending 5 nights in Khao Lak. We are looking for the best beach hotel but in an area where we can walk to restaurants and bars. So not completely secluded. Any recommendations?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay in Khao Lak

The two main townships where most restaurants, bars and shops are to be found are Bang La On, with beachfront restaurants on Nang Thong Beach and the adjacent Sunset Beach, and Bang Niang with beachfront restaurants on the beach of the same name.

Here is a comprehensive list of accommodation throughout Khao Lak www.seadragondivecenter.com/accommodation.htm

Here are latest maps of Khao Lak tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k… to locate the accommodation.

And here are pics of all the beaches from last High Season to give you an idea of what they are like

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

If you could advise when you are thinking of staying, what standard you would prefer and your budget, it will help to make appropriate suggestions.

Booking.com lists most accommodation at competitive prices for you to use as a guide for accommodation that meets your dates and budget and to ask for more information about.

new york
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay in Khao Lak

Hi Arandora

Thank you so much for the quick response. We are now deciding between Khao Lak, Phuket, and Krabi

I have been to Phuket and loved it. Stayed at Twinpalms on Suri Beach. That is my ideal hotel-on the beach, luxury, walking distance to local beach restaurants. Twinpalms seems to have gone up in price since my last visit. Can you recommend the best location for something similar. I would love to check out a new area-so Krabi and Khao Lak would be great.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay in Khao Lak

I'm not familiar with the Twin Palms but since it is a 5* Resort and there are relatively few of those in Khao Lak, you could perhaps have a look at:

* the 5* J W Marriott on Khuk Khak Beach. There are just a handful of beach restaurants adjacent to the resort and a few more near the main entrance with Bang Niang/Bang La On a 10/15 minute shuttle or taxi ride away.

* the Adult Only 5* Beyond Khao Lak Resort on Pak Weeb Beach, the most beautiful of Khao Lak's beaches, again with just a few local restaurants nearby and being further north about 20/25 minutes from Bang Niang/Bang La On

* formerly the Le Meridien Khao Lak, this 5* resort has recently come under the management of the luxury Pullman brand of Accor and together with the brand new Katilya All pool Villas resort is now the Pullman Khao Lak Katilya Resort and Villas Resort. It is about 500 metres south of the Beyond on the best part of Pak Weeb Beach.

* the excellent 4* Ramada Resort on the nicest part of Bang Niang Beach is ideally located for the surrounding beach restaurants and bars and more up to and on the highway.

Hope this helps.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay in Khao Lak

We are on our first trip to Khao Lak. We have done Phuket twice now. We are a family of 7 staying at Centara Khao Lak. It is wonderful. 3 pools fantastic staff and great entertainment. It is very close to the main road which has heaps of shopping (same same but different). Great restaurants and a beautiful setting).

The resort itself comprises of apartments, rooms, villas, pool villas and beach front villas. There are lots of restaurants. 1 huge pool with water slide, a beach front pool and restaurant and a pool further towards the street near the apartments.

There is wandering entertainment around the pool with games and quiz competitions. Aqua aerobics, Muay Thai lessons, water polo.

You can be involved as little or as much as you like.

I think I would pick Khao Lak over Phuket from now on. So much quieter and laid back than Phuket. A real gem

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay in Khao Lak

Stayed at the TwinPalms some years ago .... reckon the Sarojin would be the closest in terms of luxury and service.

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to stay in Khao Lak

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Casa De La Flora. It's a 5-star resort located In Bang Niang - you can walk to many restaurants and bars.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to stay in Khao Lak

Prnobably because as mentioned previously although beachfront it has no beach frontage which the OP appeared to be looking for .

8. Re: where to stay in Khao Lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2015, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak