We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Meridien Reviews removed!

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Le Meridien Reviews removed!

I now see there are only two reviews of the Le Meridien resort. Why? If I make a guess as to why, would they have been pulled at the request of the new managers of the resort, the Pullman Group?

Mentioned in this post
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort
Le Meridien Phuket Beach...
3,470 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Meridien Reviews removed!

I have just noticed that this question was posted earlier and Arandora (Alan) has come to the same conclusion as I have; that is, new owners/managers, so hence removal of redundant reviews.

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province
Level Contributor
7,082 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Meridien Reviews removed!

Yes TripAdvisor allows new owners to request old reviews be deleted.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Meridien Reviews removed!

TA automtically delete old reviews when a property changes hands or is relocated whether the owners ask for it or not. Even if it moves just up the road, as in the case of the Smile restaurant, same owners, same menu, it has to start all over again with reviews and gaining its place in the ratings.

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Le Meridien Reviews removed!

So should I still put up my review on the new site, I was there for the takeover but only two days?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Le Meridien Reviews removed!

You will only be able to post on the new site. Was there any difference at this stage?

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Le Meridien Reviews removed!

Too early to see any difference. It was apparent through the holiday that the takeover was happening. Standards were down and the lack of supervision was highly noticeable. Luckily the regular staff, that we know are still there and they remain as wonderful as ever 😊. We did notice the new manager stepping in now and then lending a hand etc which was good to see. Looks like he is ready to get things sorted and back to what the owner expects his Hotel to be.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Le Meridien Reviews removed!

It would be great to get back to the Le M as we first knew it, wouldn't it? But when there were less than 40 guests (so close after the Tsunami) no wonder the standard of service was high!!! :-)

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Le Meridien Reviews removed!

Those were the days!!!

9. Re: Le Meridien Reviews removed!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2015, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak