We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

banngobeen bungalows khaolak

Norfolk
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Topic
banngobeen bungalows khaolak

Has anyone stayed at "Banngobeen" this season, we are due to stay here later this month. Can you tell me if the bar and restaurant are open as they are both on private land? Final question can anyone help me with the cost of hiring a bicycle.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: banngobeen bungalows khaolak

No reason the bar and restaurant should be closed as they and the resort are a good distance from the public beach. If you go up to the highway and turn right and cross the road, in about 400 metres or so you will come to Tiffy's Cafe (opposite the Orchid Cafe) where you can hire bikes. I think the cost is about 100 - 150 baht a day.

Norfolk
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: banngobeen bungalows khaolak

thank you Arandora for the information. We were wondering if Banngobeen is still up and running as none of the major bookings companies seem to be able to give prices etc.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: banngobeen bungalows khaolak

I certainly hope it is as a friend has booked there for later in the year. There is major construction of a new "luxury" resort just down next to the La-Own resort which is also adding new rooms.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: banngobeen bungalows khaolak

The banngobeen has a new name: PETER HAT.

Even the Beach restaurant is called PETER BAR.

Maybe changed the owner?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: banngobeen bungalows khaolak

THat's why I didn't recognise Peter Bar!

Canton of Aargau...
Level Contributor
97 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: banngobeen bungalows khaolak

Look at this

http://www.t-globe.com/peter-hut

7. Re: banngobeen bungalows khaolak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2015, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak