We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just booked boss

Scotland
Level Contributor
387 posts
7 reviews
Just booked boss

Hi all just booked boss for our airport transfers. A couple of questions!

Where will I find his driver at Phuket airport?

Should I only pay the 1000baht and then pay the return when we actually get the return? What's the common practice?

Our flight home is at 21.55 hours. What time should we arrange the pick up for?

Thanks !!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Just booked boss

The driver will be waiting with a placard as you exit the Arrivals Hall. You pay for each journey seperately usually. Boss or his driver will advise on timeof pick up for return flight. I would think about 18:30 to allow for you being at the airport about 2 hours before departure.

Scotland
Level Contributor
387 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Just booked boss

Perfect thanks!

Scotland
Level Contributor
387 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Just booked boss

All confirmed quickly over email with boss. So far so good!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,726 posts
186 reviews
4. Re: Just booked boss

Yes as soon a you leave the arrival halls they are all standing out the front with signs. There are heaps of them so you need to move along the line as they all try and congregate right in front of the barrier across from the door.

los alcazares
Level Contributor
498 posts
47 reviews
5. Re: Just booked boss

Hi

I have just booked Boss. To pick me up at Phuket Airport for the flight that lands at 21.55, to take me to Bang La On. He told me it was 1200 bht, because it is night rate. I am going back at 18.30 and this 1000bht. I have used Boss for the past 4 years. So agreed to this. I am traveling on my own this time and now I have read that someone else is paying 1000, I am wondering why I am paying more. Is it normally more expensive if you land at 21.55. Thanks.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
6. Re: Just booked boss

Transfers meeting inward flights are usually more expensive than transfers to Phuket. The reason for this is that drivers have to wait at Phuket outside the airport until they confirm the flight has arrived. If a flight is delayed they still have to be paid by their employer for "waiting time". On return they take you to the airport and drop you off at a certain time. Any "waiting time" is yours not theirs. At the end of the day is 200 baht sufficient saving for " someone else " compared to someone you have used for 4 years.

los alcazares
Level Contributor
498 posts
47 reviews
7. Re: Just booked boss

I understand what you are saying about waiting time. But this is the first time I have paid more, the reason Boss gave was it was because it was night rate. I have never read that on any of the forum posts that it is more expensive at night, Obviously I have agreed to the price because on my first trip to Thailand on my own, I want to know someone is waiting to pick me up. I know it is only 200 bht. We used Boss last November and I am more than happy with the service he provides. Which is why I am using him again. I just wondered why somebody else was not paying night prices.

Thanks for your reply

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
8. Re: Just booked boss

Last August, I was quoted a night rate of 1200 by Boss for a pick-up in Khao Lak (to Airport) between 12:00 midnight and 5:00 AM.

Perhaps the night rate starts earlier (10:00 PM?) for pick-ups at the airport because of the reasons Arandora articulated.

los alcazares
Level Contributor
498 posts
47 reviews
9. Re: Just booked boss

Thanks Cruise Monkey, that answers my question . At least I know what I am being charged is correct,

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
10 reviews
10. Re: Just booked boss

Hi there, just wondering if I could get email address for Boss taxis please, looking to book for airport to KL for 4 people. Many thanks

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak