My wife and I are going to be visiting the JW in Khao Lak in December for five nights. I've scanned these forums, and based on the feedback, it seems like it is not a bad idea to rent a car. I booked a rental through Hertz Thailand. I have some things I'd like confirmation on / suggestions!
- International Drivers Permit. I believe that as long as I have a United States Drivers License in English, I should be okay. Right? I just want to make sure I'm prepared
- Safety driving around / parking in Khao Lak. We'll obviously not leave any belongings in the car. Is it pretty safe to park the car wherever we go?
- Does anyone have a good recommendation for a day trip?
- We'll be picking the car up late at night. My understanding is that I should hear from Hertz in terms of how to arrange a late-night pickup.
- Are there other things I'm not considering? THANKS!