We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas & New Year

uk
Level Contributor
12 posts
33 reviews
Christmas & New Year

We are staying in Khao Lak for both Christmas & New Year. I wondered what is the usual done thing and best places to be?

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: Christmas & New Year

Hi

You might want to check your hotel policy if they have compulsory gala dinner on those day.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Christmas & New Year

Christmas outside hotels is very low key with only non-Thai or international restaurants serving Christmas meals. New Year on the other hand is celebrated more by visitors and locals alike. "Usually" the New Year is welcomed in if not at your hotel by a meal at your favourite restaurant followed by going down to the beach, again "usually" congregating at or near one of the beach restaurants or bars to watch the "Firework Run", a fabulous firework display from all the beach hotels, restaurants and private parties, all along the coastline, that starts at midnight to usher in the New Year. I say "usually" as although I'm sure the Firework Run will continue and beach celebrations will take place the usual venues will be less because of the removal and/or relocation of a number of beach restaurants and bars.

3. Re: Christmas & New Year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2015, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak