We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended tour operators around Merlin? + a practical Q?

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
186 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended tour operators around Merlin? + a practical Q?

I know that Fantastic is close, as in walking distance - but they "only" do the snorkeling trip, I want, they don't seem to arrange trips to Khao Lak. We (two boys age 8 and 11, and I) would like a day trip there.

Do I have other good options for trips close to Merlin?

Also, a small practical question... I don't expect spa-like conditions ;-) But I assume there's some kind of "bathrooms" both on khao sok and snorkeling trips?

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Patong Merlin Hotel
Patong Merlin Hotel
1,849 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended tour operators around Merlin? + a practical Q?

I'm sorry but what do you mean by "trips to Khao Lak?" The Merlin is on Khao Lak Beach, which is the first of Khao Lak's several beaches that you reach coming from Phuket. It is a 10 minute taxi or hotel shuttle ride across the mountain and down into Bang La On, the main township of Khao Lak where most restaurants, bars and shops are to be found. Confusingly Bang La On is often referred to as Khao Lak Town or Khao Lak City or just Khao Lak.

Perhaps you mean Khao Sok? If so there are several tour shops near the Merlin including another one almost next to Mr.Moo's Fantastic Shop and plenty over in Bang La On where you can book day trips to Khao Sok. Speedboats to the Similans have toilets on board and there are facilities on the island where you have lunch. Similarly in Khao Sok, depending on where you are visiting there are restaurants or other places where you can use their "facilities".

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Patong Merlin Hotel
Patong Merlin Hotel
1,849 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok National Park
Surat Thani Province, Thailand
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
186 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended tour operators around Merlin? + a practical Q?

Jeeeeez... I meant Khao Sok!

Sorry!

I'm relieved ( ;-) ) to know about the "facilities". Thank you, again. I still recall being in Morocco as a child. Wonderful most of the time, but not when on day trips....

Edited: 23 October 2014, 22:20
Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended tour operators around Merlin? + a practical Q?

OP,

You wrote "...on Khao Sok...". You are aware Khao Sok is not an island... right?

Mentioned in this post
Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok National Park
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommended tour operators around Merlin? + a practical Q?

CM

I think she only made one mistake, Khao Lak insread of Khao Sok since she was referring to "khao Sok" AND "snorkelling".

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok National Park
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
186 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommended tour operators around Merlin? + a practical Q?

On was referring to trips, actually. As in "on khao sok trips and on snorkeling trips". I was just too lazy to write trips twice.

And yes, I know it's not, but thanks.

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommended tour operators around Merlin? + a practical Q?

Cool... I just wanted to make sure because I've seen many people confused by 'khao' and 'Koh'.

7. Re: Recommended tour operators around Merlin? + a practical Q?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2015, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations