We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Extra 2 days what to do?

Cumbria, UK
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
135 reviews
Extra 2 days what to do?

Hi All,

We'll be coming in Thailand in a little over 4 weeks. We're staying at the Sensimar for 6 nights before heading to Bangkok for a few night bringing our holiday to a close.

We currently have 2 nights to play with, which we can either add on to Khao Lak, or one to KL and BK each or 2 nights somewhere else?

My wife fancies visiting Railay beach which I believe is a couple of hours away? Then fly to Bangkok. I'm a little concerned that we're trying to fit much in, and maybe a day trip might be more feasible?

Would appreciate any thoughts.

Cheers

1. Re: Extra 2 days what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 October 2014, 21:08
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Extra 2 days what to do?

Hi Benji

Personally I would add another night to KL and do a day trip to Krabi from Khao Lak to include a longtail boat 4 Island + Railay tour. See here for details www.yourkrabi.com/4-islands-tour-krabi/ You can book the full tour including transport to and from Krabi locally in Khao Lak from one of the tour shops or tour agents like Green Andaman Travel or Khao Lak Land Discovery or you could book a private transfer with Boss of Cheaper than Hotel Taxis to to and from the pier just outside Ao Nang in Krabi and then book the longtail tour there. You can specify how long you want to spend at each of the islands and whether you want to snorkel or not and what time you would like to return to the pier. Four of us did this last December using our hire car. The 4 Island + Railay tour cost 2200 baht for the four of us and was from 10am to 3.30 pm at our request because we wanted to see some more of the area around Ao Nang. Lunch was on top of this at Railay Beach and we paid for the skipper of the boat. It was cheap, very good and served from boats floating at the water's edge. A great day out and here are our pics https:/…

We went on 20th December last year and already Railay Beach was crowded. Later than this over the Peak Xmas/New Year Period and it is jam packed!!!

I'm sure your wife would enjoy an extra night in Bangkok for a "little" extra shopping! ;-)

Cumbria, UK
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
135 reviews
3. Re: Extra 2 days what to do?

Thanks Arandora you've been very helpful throughout our research ;-)

We're now looking at hiring a car and doing some of our own exploring.

I really liked the idea of staying inside Khao Sok in a hut/tree house but my wife it not as keen. It seems at Railay beach accommodation is limited so we'd be paying more than we are for the Sensimar that would not be as nice. We actually already have one more night in Bangkok than I realised so it would be 2 nights extra in Khao Lak with more time to explore the area.

Have you done any White water rafting in the area? Can you recommend any 'adventure' type tours in the are also?

Cheers!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
4. Re: Extra 2 days what to do?

Here are some ideas of Things to Do in and around Khao Lak, particularly if you hire a car tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

The nearest White Water rafting is is south in Phang Nga Province nearer to Phuket - see here http://www.phuket.com/tours/rafting/

Khao Lak Land Discovery www.khaolaklanddiscovery.com/eng/index.php… and Green Andaman Travel http://www.greenandamantravel.com/ both do some very good adventure tours. Green Andaman Travel for instance do an overnight on Koh Ra Beach Camp but if your wife doesn't fancy a night in a Tree house (highly recommended) in Khao Sok I don't suppose she will fancy one in a tent on Koh Ra, even though it is a luxury one! LOL

Also have a look at this tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k… and to this current link where a member is going out to Koh Phra Thong next week so hopefully will report back afterwards for you to consider.

5. Re: Extra 2 days what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2015, 09:45
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak