We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

50 years young...

lincoln, UK
Level Contributor
75 posts
57 reviews
50 years young...

I will be 50 three days into our holiday at the beginning of April next year. We are staying at the JWM and would like to do something really special in the day that includes the whole family. The family comprises of husband, 52, myself, son number 1 - 22 and twins :son number 2 and daughter - 15.

We did think about elephants but I'm completely open to all suggestions. We'd like to be back in the evening as we may do the meal with chef on the beach. I really want something wow.

Any help would be fab!

united kingdom
Level Contributor
458 posts
19 reviews
1. Re: 50 years young...

If you do do an elephant trip please research it well as you may remember it for years to come for all the wrong reasons.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: 50 years young...

Have a look at these pics of the various trips/tours in and around Khao Lak tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

A day trip up to Cheow Lan Lake in Khao Sok National Park with a longtail boat out on to the Lak, visiting a floating raft house site for lunch and swim/kayak in the lake would make for a memorable day out. Boss of Cheaper than Hotel Taxis at cheaper_khaolak@ymail.com will arrange or have a look at Green Andaman Travel at http://www.greenandamantravel.com/ or Khao Lak Land Discovery at http://www.greenandamantravel.com/ for this and other ideas. If you fancy a personally guided tour contact Lora of Dior Travel for suggestions on diorkhaolak@yahoo.co.th

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,724 posts
186 reviews
3. Re: 50 years young...

agree with the trip to Khao Sok for the day. We did a trip a couple of weeks ago from Khao Lak and it was very enjoyable.

Elephants are definitely off my "to do list" after I watched a mahout continuously drive a long pick into a poor elephants neck. Happened on our previous trip and I was so appalled that I left and caught a taxi back to the hotel . So if you do decide to do an elephant tour, please research extremely carefully and ask questions here on Trip advisor about posters previous experiences.

Prachuap Khiri...
Level Contributor
8,469 posts
91 reviews
4. Re: 50 years young...

http://khaolaktourism.com/tour/bungyjump.htm

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
5. Re: 50 years young...

Not very impressed with a website for "Best Adventure Travel in Khao Lak" that says "Travel in Khao Lak - the ISLAND of adventure". Some of the basic information about Khao Lak makes you wonder if the site owners have ever been there considering it claims to be "Khao Lak's official website for tourism and travel information." Hope the tours they promote are more accurate.

Nakhon Si...
Level Contributor
971 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: 50 years young...

Bungee jumping probably classes as extreme sports and is unlikely to be covered by standard travel insurance.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
7. Re: 50 years young...

Good point.

Prachuap Khiri...
Level Contributor
8,469 posts
91 reviews
8. Re: 50 years young...

just in case, it is over water......so no bouncing involved. and if same outfit (possibly a chain, and not the exact same) in Phuket, where I indulged, it was very safe. 3 different safety checks, and very professionally run.

the website definitely lacks details, such as the exact location, as I doubt reservations would be needed. a fun day out for a group. I was 45 when I did it, a nice rush, as I'm actually scared of heights, and get dizzy if looking straight down from a balcony, though can stand and look down from an ac wheel at 3000 ft, go figure. I enjoy that stuff, jumping out of planes and swimming with sharks......although, I ain't exactly right..........LOL

9. Re: 50 years young...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2015, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak