We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Booking at Christmas/New Year

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
27 posts
48 reviews
Tour Booking at Christmas/New Year

Hi,

I will stay for 6 days at Khao Lak shortly after new year - meaning main season. Do you recommend me to book the tours in advance? Or is it even in main season possible to book them short term. As far as I understood it is much cheaper to book them locally instead of the internet.

And do you know any tour operators offering private tours or tours with small groups?

Thank you for your help!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Tour Booking at Christmas/New Year

Unless you must go on a tour on a specific day you should still be able to book locally but best trying as soon as you arrive and be prepared to be flexible. Try Green Andaman Travel - see http://www.greenandamantravel.com/ - their office is on the highway in Bang Niang near Moo Moo's Cabaret Bar. Also you could contact Lora of Dior Travel in Bang Niang on diorkhaolak@yahoo.co.th . Although she books tours she is a qualified and experienced guides and will arrange a private tour for you.

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
27 posts
48 reviews
2. Re: Tour Booking at Christmas/New Year

Thank you for your reply.

I found Eco Khao Lak Adventure here at Tripadvisor. They seem to have smaller groups for their tours as well. But there prices in the internet with around 60-80€ are quite high. Do you think they offer lower prices booking it locally? Or is this a price I have to expect travelling with a smaller group (Khao Sak, James Bond Island, Similan Islands)?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: Tour Booking at Christmas/New Year

€60 - €80 which is about 2500 - 3300 baht which is higher than you would normally pay for those tours "on the street" in Khao Lak. Most on-line sites prices are higher booking in advance on-line. Whether Eco Khao Lak will reduce those to the same as competitors when you arrive in Khao Lak I'm afraid I don't know. I would still wait and then shop around for tours for different dates as soon as you arrive being as flexible as possible with your dates.

4. Re: Tour Booking at Christmas/New Year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2015, 13:49
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak