We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

River tubing and Bamboo Rafting in High Season?

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
795 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
River tubing and Bamboo Rafting in High Season?

Hi just wondering if river tubing and bamboo rafting still operate during high season?

Is there enough water in the rivers?

We are coming to Khao Lak for 6 days in late December......

Bec

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province
Level Contributor
7,087 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: River tubing and Bamboo Rafting in High Season?

Don't know about bamboo rafting in that area (actually have never seen anyone doing it). But the river tubing in Khao Sok area is still going on during the winter season. Unlike northern Thailand where we get zero rain during the winter dry season, the Khao Sok area still gets scattered showers.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok National Park
Surat Thani Province, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,401 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: River tubing and Bamboo Rafting in High Season?

There is no tubing in Khao Lak area. For that you need to go up to Khao Sok National Park where there is rafting as well. There are raft rides in High Season, albeit very leisurely and very hot and exposed to full sun most of the time just back over the mountain towards Phuket near Tab Lamu and north about 25km in Takua Pa.

Contact Khao Lak Land Discovery on www.khaolaklanddiscovery.com/eng/index.php… and Green Andaman Travel on http://www.greenandamantravel.com/ for "adventure" and off the beaten track tours.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok National Park
1,129 Reviews
Surat Thani, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Takua Pa
Takua Pa
Khao Lak Land Discovery
Khao Lak Land Discovery
681 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Green Andaman Travel
Green Andaman Travel
203 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
795 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: River tubing and Bamboo Rafting in High Season?

Thanks guys! Sorry I am meaning in the Khao Sok NP area so maybe I should have put my question on that forum.... just sort of put it in the Khao Lak forum coz that is where we will be based......

Only looking for a laid back cruisy drift down the rivers where we can look at some beautiful scenery and maybe jump in and out of the river for a dip to cool off from the hot sun so maybe this will be a good option?!

Mentioned in this post
Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok National Park
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,401 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: River tubing and Bamboo Rafting in High Season?

We stayed at the Baan Khao Sok Resort in a tree house. The resort had lovely gardens and reswtaurant facing the river. They supplied tubes for lazy tubing down the river there. You could go for the day and have lunch there and I'm sure they would let you use the tubes. The tour operators I mentione before will be able to help as I'm sure will Boss who does day trips to Khao Sok.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok National Park
5. Re: River tubing and Bamboo Rafting in High Season?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2015, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations