We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Geckos in my villa helppppp

Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Geckos in my villa helppppp

Arrived and room over run with wee geckos, any tips in dealing with them? I dnt mid beasties but the wee geckos n things freak me out!

Still got one I can't get rid of, keeps getting away.....

Help... I know I should expect them but if rather they were outside!!

John

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
668 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Geckos in my villa helppppp

Geckos are harmless. You may be able to drive away the larger ones with a broom.

Level Contributor
179 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Geckos in my villa helppppp

They are awesome and won't harm you at all. In fact they'll eat the bugs you probably wouldn't like around. I keep reptiles so easier for me to say that I guess. I can't think of any ways of keeping them out except keeping everything shut. But geckos can get through the smallest gaps

Edited: 27 September 2014, 02:22
Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,273 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Geckos in my villa helppppp

Hi,

As suggested they are harmless enough. My partner, a city dweller flipped when she first encountered them in Thailand a few years ago. Now, she is used to seeing them.

Mentioned in this post
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
6,392 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Geckos in my villa helppppp

Think of it this way.

They are eating the mosquitoes that would be eating you :)

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Geckos in my villa helppppp

Exactly, Mmonkey. I tell people who are afraid of geckos "They're your friends".

Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Geckos in my villa helppppp

Yea but just not that into them speeding around my bedroom! It feels like having a mouse in the house! He's hiding for now anyway so if I can't see him I'm ok, if I do see him..... He's out!

So he better be a good room mate....or he can eat someone else's Mosquitos!! Haha

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,680 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Geckos in my villa helppppp

Dont worry they dont bite hard and dont eat much lol

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
5,686 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Geckos in my villa helppppp

Hi

what is really gross if you do kill one and leave on floor it will be covered in small ants and bugs within hr if not mins do not leave open food around or crumbs on floor.it is the tropics you have to learn to live with them.

I have never had one crawl on me on bed or any furniture they are as afraid of you as you are of them.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Geckos in my villa helppppp

Haha! that is funny, did not know about geckos in thailand. I think I'd rather have geckos though than massive spiders like I've heard they have in Aus

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,677 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Geckos in my villa helppppp

Geckos really are cute harmless little critters who are terrified of us. They mind there own business dwelling on the ceiling or high up on walls. Much more worrying are Cockroaches, mosquitos, spiders, even ants.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak