We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on small hotel or large villa for 20+ people

London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
26 reviews
Advice on small hotel or large villa for 20+ people

Hi, my extended family and I are planning to holiday together Xmas 2015. We will need 10 or 12 rooms and we would prefer to either rent a massive villa, or an entire small hotel that we can 'take over' for a week. Can anyone recommend a small hotel in this area? It is hard to see from reviews which hotels have 10 - 12 rooms. We don't mind too much where we are, we just want a week of relaxation, beach and some local sights. We don't need a luxury spa or 5* facilities, although a little pool would be nice. We have a range of ages so we want to be in a family-friendly area (Granny wouldn't approve of too many drunken backpackers!)

Many thanks, Judith

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Advice on small hotel or large villa for 20+ people

Hi Judith,

Welcome to the Khao Lak forum. Khao Lak was the area most affected in Thailand in terms of fatalities and devastation of property by the 2004 Tsunami. Since then it has regenerated and redeveloped incredibly well but mainly in terms of re-establishing resort, hotel and bungalow accommodation rather than residential or rental property. The largest private villa for rent is located just behind the bungalow resort we stay in from November to April each year but, although very big, it does not have 10-12 rooms. I don't think there are any so big in and around Khao Lak. You could contact Khao Lak's largest property company (whose owner developed the large villa I referred to earlier) Khao Lak Land, House, Pool to see if they can help you at http://www.land-house-pool.com/

As for taking over an entire small hotel, I think you will experience difficulty with that too. Xmas/New Year is absolute Peak Season and the most popular of the year with many regular, repeat visitors. I doubt whether a smaller local resort would want to possibly lose regular guests for future years when the resort will probably be full anyway.

I think you would have better luck booking multiple rooms in a larger resort. Booking.com features most if not all of the accommodation in Khao Lak and offers the ability to search for multiple rooms.

Good Luck

PS Tell Granny, you don't get drunken backpackers anywhere in Khao Lak. It is a very laid back, low key and family orientated destination.

2. Re: Advice on small hotel or large villa for 20+ people

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2015, 10:45