We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

birthday

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
birthday

It's my 50th whilst we will be in khao lak. Any suggestions on nice hotel and something special to do in the day please. Thanks

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: birthday

Splurge - stay at Katiliya Pool Villas, The Sarojin or Casa de La Flora. After breakfast spend the day lounging on the beach/around the pool sipping a few cocktails. Have a sumptuous dinner with fine wine and retire to your room to make love by candle light.

khao lak
Level Contributor
262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: birthday

agree with cruise monkey,but,depends who you are traveling with,IE,best mate,when it comes to the evening activity.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: birthday

Thanks for reply. We have already booked our accommodation as spending 3 weeks in Thailand in 4 different locations.meant to write nice restaurant!! Was looking for something special to do during the day, possibly a trip somewhere and a fabulous restaurant and cocktails for the evening!!

Edited: 21 September 2014, 14:46
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,451 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: birthday

Look here at pics of the popular trips in and around Khao Lak tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

For restaurants the Review Listings are a fair guide to the variety of dining options throughout Khao Lak. The current #1, Smile, is consistently recommended by TA for its French influenced Thai fusion cuisine and Hill Tribes for Chiang Mai based cuisine. Cocktails are available at both.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: birthday

I've been to Smile for my last 3 birthdays, and might just be back there for my next one as well.

Make sure you book, fills up every night high or low season.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: birthday

Thanks for the recommendation. Seems to be quite popular and guess that being the number one restaurant there it must be good so will leave the info for my husband and let him book- fingers crossed!! Looking at the happiness trail with baby elephants during the day :-D

7. Re: birthday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2015, 09:46