We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August weather

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1 post
31 reviews
August weather

I plan to be on Khao Lak wiry my two teenage daughters on our way home from winter in Australua and just wondering about the rainy season ? My memory from the '80s when I was last there was it involves torrential downpours but also pleasant slightly cooler says than the dry season? Planking to stay at La Flora for 8 nights and just give then a taste of Thailand? Is it est to get about ? Many thanks - not expecting any long range forecast predictions just done general feelings? Thanks Nicola

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: August weather

Hi Nicola,

If you look at the Top Question FAQ on the right "What is Khao Lak like in the Wet Season" you will get an idea of previous years. This year reports from those there in August which I am sure will soon be confirmed by the members concerned is that there have been periods of rain but lots of sun which is fairly typical. September is usually the wettest month and parts of October but weather patterns are changing everywhere these days so definitely no forecasts for next year. La Flora is ideally placed on Bang Niang Beach for easy access to the restaurants and bars overlooking the beach and more plus shops and the 3 afternoons a week market up near the highway. See latest map of Bang Niang at walagata.com/w/…Bang_Niang_October_2013.jpg and the rest of Khao Lak at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

Tours availability at that time will depend on weather conditions and are best booked when you arrive. Those out to the Similan, Surin Islands or Koh Tachai are not available from mid May to mid October because of unfavourable ocean conditions but there should be others to keep you interested.

Perth
Level Contributor
583 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: August weather

We have just spent all of August in Khao Lak. Your memories from the 80's are fairly accurate.

We had rain on roughly 1/2 the days, ranging from a slight evening shower to 2 days in a row of continuous rain. The fine days were great, some overcast and others wonderful cloud free days. Temperatures ranged from 28 to 32 C. The coldest day was about 22 C when we were caught in a thunderstorm.

We have been in Khao Lak for the past 4 August's and this would have been one of the wettest. Our experience has been about 1/4 of the time wet and overcast and 3/4 of the time good weather.

Just depends on your timing...

Always plenty of restaurants and bars available and you never have to get up early or fight for a sun lounge during the day.

Easy to get about and the La Flora is in a great location.

3. Re: August weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2015, 09:46