We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qatar airways flights from uk

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Qatar airways flights from uk

Hi,

Just some info for anyone thinking of booking a flight to Phuket. I've just seen on Skyscanner that Qatar are now running a flight direct from Doha to Phuket. This avoids gong via Bangkok. The time flight time out from the uk if you gets the night flight down to phuket is now down to 14.5 hrs and only slightly longer back.

I'm notmsuremwhen the flight starts as I put in dates for April next year. There are also so good prices on Skyscanner.

Unfortunately I missed this deal as I have booked with Ethiad.

Good luck

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,316 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qatar airways flights from uk

Hi,

Qatar has been operating on the route for a while now.

London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qatar airways flights from uk

This has been available for a while, we booked in January. We are using this route later this month with the return flight into London on a Dreamliner

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qatar airways flights from uk

I wondered why our return flight from Phuket to Manchester via Doha had been put back two hours and time in Doha increased by one hour until I found that from the 26th October 2014, Qatar will operate non-stop flights Doha to Phuket as opposed to the direct service which operated with a stop at Kuala Lumpur for passengers for that destination to disembark and ones for Phuket to embark. Passengers from Doha to Phuket stayed on the plane and their luggage went straight through.

A direct flight is one that goes from A to B even with a drop down or change of aircraft as long as it is on one ticket and luggage goes straight through. Non-stop from Doha to Phuket from October will put Qatar, Emirates and Etihad on an equal footing for non-stop flights to the Gulf. More choice, more competition, better fares choice. Good news all around.

Also the new routing means a reduction in flight time Phuket to Doha and an increased time in transit which is less stressful than the very short previous transfer on buses to and from the terminal. The new Doha airport uses air bridges. The increased time will also allow us time to spend our Privilege Club frequent flyer miles on Duty Free shopping in the huge DF at Doha as we don't fly frequently enough to amass enough to pay for upgrades or flights and so would lose them.

4. Re: Qatar airways flights from uk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2015, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations