We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nang thong Bay resort 1... Booking

Leeds, England
Level Contributor
72 posts
45 reviews
Nang thong Bay resort 1... Booking

After following TA recommendations and advice re contact details finally managed to book Garden Bungalow and secured our booking as per their agreement with a 30% deposit via Paypal to their German account in Euro??

Received email today from Jist who tells me management decision from today is now 50% deposit or forfeit booking.

Forgive me for feeling sceptical - are we being scammed?

Anybody else able to share their booking experience. I have been liaising both with Dagmar and Jist. unclear who does what so link all my emails to both!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Nang thong Bay resort 1... Booking

NTBR1 & NTBR2 accept bookings through an agent whose asministrative base is in Gemany and any bookings made through that agency fall under the Terms and Conditions of that agency. They also take bookings direct and make their own T&Cs for bookings through them. If you have booked through the agency and paid your deposit to them in accordance with their T&Cs you should ask them to sort this ouit for you. You need to know whether they are now asking for a higher deposit and how does that fit with their T&Cs.

Mornington...
Level Contributor
186 posts
100 reviews
2. Re: Nang thong Bay resort 1... Booking

I have stayed at NTBR1 earlier this year and will be again in October. On both occasions I have made my booking with Dagmar - paying a 30% deposit into their bank account here in Australia. All went smoothly and I have not had any emails from Jist so maybe check with Dagmar. Cheers

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
157 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Nang thong Bay resort 1... Booking

have'd booked with them previously with 30% deposit

the last 2 years booked direct with jist no deposit needed

arrive on oct 4

cheers bat

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,830 posts
89 reviews
4. Re: Nang thong Bay resort 1... Booking

We always book by email to nangthong1@hotmail.com direct with Jist with no deposit required in 5 bookings over the past 2 years. This is the recommended method advised by most posters here on TA.

sydney
Level Contributor
222 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Nang thong Bay resort 1... Booking

I have just received an email from Jist saying that his account has been hacked.Please contact him on his landline on website.

I have previously booked through Dagmar, but for our stay in July past I have booked directly though the resort.No deposit was requested and I just paid for the stay on departure. It is the same rate direct or through Dagmar, except for t&c with Dagmar.

We had a wonderful stay in beachfront bungalows.

Cheers. Nunks

6. Re: Nang thong Bay resort 1... Booking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 August 2014, 17:35
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
7. Re: Nang thong Bay resort 1... Booking

That is two established Khao Lak businesses (the other is Khao Lak Seafood) who have had their Email addresses hacked recently. All the more reason to book through a site that has a secure ( https://) URL for bookings or accepts payment on arrival and not by supplying credit card information through Email.

Leeds, England
Level Contributor
72 posts
45 reviews
8. Re: Nang thong Bay resort 1... Booking

Thank you all for your responses. I too have had a prompt reply from Dagmar which confirms that their account has been hacked.

Good point Arandora re http. We did pay via paypal but massive alarm bells were ringing when received the email from 'jist - and we were obviously right'.

Once again; thank you all for making me feel confident again with my booking @ Nang thong bay.

Tezzat; it is the nangthong1@hotmail.com account which has been hacked and if we had naively followed the hackers request for another 20% deposit to be debited to their account so would our bank account - sobering thought

Edited: 28 August 2014, 23:51
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
9. Re: Nang thong Bay resort 1... Booking

Good spot. Well done. I'm sure you will enjoy Khao Lak and NTBR1

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,830 posts
89 reviews
10. Re: Nang thong Bay resort 1... Booking

Hi Caz

I also received an email from Jist this morning advising of the hacking and requesting any contact be by phone for the interim period.

Terry

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations