We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time in khao lak

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
153 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
first time in khao lak

HI Im going to khao lak from october24th for 8 nights and have some questions if someone cangive me hand Iit would be most appreciated.

1. Staying at the sands are we in walking distance to restraunts and the market and some shops e.g for sunglasses shoes normal stuff us tourist tend to buy when away?

2. I understand no one can predict weather my question is is it possible that we will get sone sunny days so we come home with a tan understand its still wet season but does it have tendency for e.g rain for 30 min in morning or arvo like many tropical places then the sun comes out again?

3. Sorry few more questions my partner will be celebrating his 50th while in khao lak I would like to do something during the day e.g go snorkeling and a lunch on a desserted beach or white water rafting or if theres anything someone can suggest I would prefer to go just the 2 of us rather than a bus full and the other thing I would be intrested if we could get a longtail boat for day with of course someone thats experinced and go snorkel do caves and go for swim on a secluded beach. Anyway think someone will get what im after.

4. Last question we love dancing and seeing top 40 bands and also funk any suggestions wherevto go so when we walk in we dont feel like old grandparents and place is full of 18 year olds.

If anyone has any other information or recommendation it will be most appreciated thank you in advance

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,413 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time in khao lak

I think a lot of your questions have already been answered in your other post, so to try and fill the missing parts:

1. Already answered

2. Already answered

3. Mostly answered re snorkelling and white water rafting. Subject to weather and in particular ocean conditions (it really does get rough during changeover of the seasons!) if you walk to the right along the beach from the Sands to the restaurants, there are some, Jim Fink's in particular. offering longtail boat tours, personal or group. There are more across the creek just past there on Bang Niang Beach. There are no caves near Khao Lak. They are up in Khao Sok or down in Phang Nga.

4. I presume you've read the link about Evening Entertainment in Khao Lak in previous reply? There are no dance clubs or discos in Khao Lak. It's not that type of place. The live music are local bands who play a mix of International and Thai rock, blues, pop but not a lot of Funk as such to audiences of mixed ages including wrinklies like us.;-)

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok National Park
Surat Thani Province, Thailand
Phang Nga
Phang Nga
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
2. Re: first time in khao lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak