My partner and I are staying at the JW Marriott on Kao Lak for 10 days from 20th August. I would really appreciate some advice on the following please :
- weather : we know it's the green season and will be wet, but are we likely to get any opportunity to relax & sun bathe or do we need to think about stuff to do every day?
- diving : we are keen to do some scuba diving, and if possible around the Similan Islands, but have read that the ocean can be too rough at this time of year and trips to the Islands stop after May. Is this true? Are there any dive shops you would recommend? We would like to learn (re-learn in my case) while we are there if possible.
- national park visits : any recommendations for trips? We love safaris and would like to see some of the regions wildlife as well as some of the historic / cultural sites
- night markets : we've heard there are night markets in the area, which sounds great. Are they safe? Which are the best ones to go to?
- fun local night out : where would you recommend?
- Phuket : we're thinking we might spend a day and night in Phuket while we're there, for a change of scenery and pace. Any recommendations of where best to stay / eat / drink? My partner and I are lesbian, so any gay bars would be fun, but not essential
Any advice would be gratefully received!! :)
Alex & Lynn