We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips with a 2 year old

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Day trips with a 2 year old

We are in Khao Lak in November and would really like to see some of the beautiful beaches/islands in the area but as we have a little one we dont want to spend the whole day on a boat or snorkelling/diving. Obviously I understand that we will be spending a fair bit of time getting to locations but ideally we would like a trip that maybe goes to a couple of locations and allows you to get off and relax on the beach so the little one can run around rather than just dropping anchor and everyone jumping out in the sea. I don't mind the destination be it Phi Phi, Krabi, Pha Nang Bay or Similian. Any suggestions?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Day trips with a 2 year old

Have a look at pics of popular trips in and around Khao Lak at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

White Sand Beach is the most popular day trip in Khao Lak but will not be too busy in November. I'm sure your 2 year old would enjoy the short trip to see the baby turtles at the Turtle Sanctuary at nearby Tab Lamu. Both of these can be organised with a local taxi for transport there and back.

Hope this helps.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Day trips with a 2 year old

Thanks for the advice and great pictures. I think White Sand Beach is a definite, we might also try Phang Nang Bay as it looks the least snorkeling based we will just skip the canoe bit.

Edited: 30 July 2014, 00:49
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: Day trips with a 2 year old

The canoe bit is the best bit! ;-)

4. Re: Day trips with a 2 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2015, 10:45
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak