We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any questions about The Leaf on The Sands?

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Any questions about The Leaf on The Sands?

I'm currently staying at The Leaf and will answer any questions about specifics: rooms, menus, prices etc.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any questions about The Leaf on The Sands?

Hey Cruise, you recently mentioned the "chalets ' were not in the best position, the vibe was not as nice, or something similar

any updates on your thoughts ??

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any questions about The Leaf on The Sands?

The Chalet rooms are grouped around the Leaf Pool which nobody (since I've been here) uses. This upper area is more open - not as much vegetation - and for lack of a better word.... 'stark'. The 'centre' of the resort is the Fun Pool with it's swim-up pool bar in the 'lower' (ex-Andaburi) area to which people gravitate. That being said, it is a small resort, and only a matter of a few yards (meters) between the upper and lower 'areas'. In fact, the back of some Chalet rooms abut the back of some Villa rooms.

Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
976 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any questions about The Leaf on The Sands?

Hey Cruisemonkey,

We stayed at the sands last week and we checked out the leaf on the sands and we were very impressed. Nice, spacious, clean rooms and lovely staff. Much quieter than the sands (which we prefer). I would definitely stay there, great location, nice grounds and great price!

Enjoy your time there.

cheers

Verrena :o)

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any questions about The Leaf on The Sands?

I walked through The Sands yesterday and while it's a nice resort, I much prefer the ambiance of The Leaf... and it's prices - a small Singha beer:

- The Sands,130 baht

- The Leaf's Rice Barn Restaurant, 65 baht (90 at the Pool Bar).

As for the beach, you have almost as far to walk from rooms at the back of The Sands as from The Leaf.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
62 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any questions about The Leaf on The Sands?

Hi we are going to stay at the leaf next year in October, we are a large family with quite a few children! I emailed the leaf and have decided we will book 3 x villa rooms. In low season this is still very affordable for us. I would appreciate the room numbers of villas that are as close as possible to the fun pool. With kids we would love to be steps away from the pool. I realise that the villa rooms are in groups of two, so we would have two rooms next door to each other but the third villa would not be. How far roughly would you say between villa buildings? Hoping this should not be a problem as we would put older children in that villa as they are nearly adults! Thank you in advance for your help!

Bend Oregon
Level Contributor
393 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any questions about The Leaf on The Sands?

Hi

Debating between the Leaf on the Sands and the newest Leaf Oceanside, don't know if it's open yet, won't be there until March...your thoughts if possible? Im travelling without children so adult only pool between the two? Closest to beach? Room choice? Thanks so much!

Mentioned in this post
The Leaf on The Sands
The Leaf on The Sands
310 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
The Leaf Oceanside
The Leaf Oceanside
343 Reviews
Khuk Khak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,446 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any questions about The Leaf on The Sands?

Like the original Leaf, now the Leaf on the Sands, the Leaf Oceanside is the acquisition, redevelopment and rebranding of an existing established resort. The Leaf on the Sands only reopened 2 seasons ago so is hardly an old resort. There is this current topic by Cruisemonkey staying there at the moment if you have questions. It is difficult to draw comparison with the Oceanside as is not due to open until November and the website is just images rather than actual photos. Same comment applies to facilities.

In terms of location the Oceanside is possibly a little nearer to the same beach, Nang Thong Beach, and to restaurants, bars and shops in Bang La On.

If you are looking for Adult Only in the same area have a look at the Sensimar (new resort, opened the same time as the Sands Resort) which is at the opposite (southern) end of Bang La On to The Leaf on the Sands (northern) with the Leaf Oceanside roughly the same distance in between.

Edited: 25 July 2014, 00:05
Mentioned in this post
The Leaf on The Sands
The Leaf on The Sands
310 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
The Leaf Oceanside
The Leaf Oceanside
343 Reviews
Khuk Khak, Thailand
Nang Thong Beach
Nang Thong Beach
73 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
Scotland
Level Contributor
377 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any questions about The Leaf on The Sands?

I'm just looking for some room tips. Any room nos you would recommend?

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any questions about The Leaf on The Sands?

The villas are about 4 meters apart from wall to wall. I think the best units to be close to the fun pool are 7127/7128 and 7129/7130.

I can't compare The Leaf on The Sands to The Leaf Oceanside because Oceanside is not open yet.

Mentioned in this post
The Leaf on The Sands
The Leaf on The Sands
310 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
The Leaf Oceanside
The Leaf Oceanside
343 Reviews
Khuk Khak, Thailand
Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any questions about The Leaf on The Sands?

Here is a map of The Leaf -

holidaycheck.com/hm/…paging-anchor

It is fairly accurate but not exactly 'to scale'. Villas 7127/7128 and 7129/7130 are the 2nd & 3rd ones down from the top right corner. While some of the Villas alongside the Fun Pool are physically closer to the pool, you have farther to walk (and can't really see the pool) because of the gardens and layout of the paths. From my veranda (7127) I can see almost the whole 'pool area' and it is about 15m to the swim-up Pool Bar & the 0.60m-deep Children's Pool (not pictured) end of the Fun Pool. Most (3/4) of the pool is 1.20m deep and a quarter (bottom right corner of the pool on the map) is 1.80m deep. Access to the pool is from either end or the Sila Spa side - you cannot access the pool from the 'villa side' because of the bushes and trees.

The Leaf Pool is uniformly 1.24m deep with a black-tiled 'wading area' (0.36m deep) on one side.

The Sila Spa currently has 'Green Season' specials. Among others, a 60-minute Thai Massage is 350 baht (buy 5, get a 6th 'free'); and a 60-minute Oil Massage is 1000 baht (buy 1, get 1 'free').

Unless you're Luddite, bring a multi-outlet electrical plug/extension cord. There is only one (universal) outlet at the desk (at least in The Villas) and no outlet in the bathroom. In a pinch, you can unplug the 'table lamps' (under the bedside tables) on either side of the bed. There is a USB jack on the side of the TV (above the desk and fridge cabinet) you can use to charge a cell phone etc.

The room fridge is empty (no exorbitantly-priced minibar items). A minimart, a 7/11 and a supermarket are all located within a block of the resort on the main road.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak