We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Street food

Paisley, Scotland...
Level Contributor
118 posts
21 reviews
Street food

Hey,

Just wondering is there a lot of street food vendors in khao lak?

Sacramento
Level Contributor
132 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Street food

Great question, exactly what I was wondering

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Street food

There are are a growing number of stalls and food courts in both Bang La On and Bang Niang that sell more local cuisine than in restaurants with familiar "street food" favourites. Look for where locals are eating as opposed to tourists.

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
164 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: Street food

Don't know if it's exactly the 'street' food ur looking for but in our family it ain't bedtime until you have had a Nutella and banana pancake or a 'milk' pancake (for milk read 'dripping in condensed milk)! Heaven with a little bit of a sugar rush!!!!

Sacramento
Level Contributor
132 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Street food

That's what I'm talking about. loved these in Chiang Mai!

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
36 reviews
5. Re: Street food

In wondering about banana roti? Any stalls around?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
6. Re: Street food

That's what BoldBoysMum is referring to. There are various stalls in Bang La On and Bang Niang as well as being on the menu of various more local restaurants both in town and on the beach.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
36 reviews
7. Re: Street food

I know in Phuket I had trouble finding the 'roti' pancakes. I only ever saw the normal pancake stalls

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
164 posts
27 reviews
8. Re: Street food

Every pancake we had it Khao lak was a roti. We stood fascinated as a wee ball of dough was stretched into ultra thin giant disc and fried! I don't think we every saw a normal pancake (for us normal street pancake would be crepe style)

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
36 reviews
9. Re: Street food

Ohhhh thank you. I'm so happy to know that.

II only found them in Bangkok. Phuket was just the crepe style.

Every time we talk about Thailand, the banana roti pancake comes up. We will certainly be getting our fill in Khao Lak

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
164 posts
27 reviews
10. Re: Street food

Also there are a few street carts that do yellow noodles which were a revelation to me! I don't know if they are only really found in the KL/ Phuket area or I just hadn't noticed them anywhere else I've been in Thailand. They were more of a tangy flavour than other noodley dishes I've had and loved before.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak