We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just booked

Paisley, Scotland...
Level Contributor
118 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Just booked

I've just booked up Khao Lak Bhandari for my wife and I for January.

Cannot wait - first time for us both in Thailand.

Sounds like everything we are looking for sun, sea, sand, adventure, culture and beautiful surroundings.

Only have to wait until January now until we get there.

Europe
Level Contributor
971 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just booked

Enjoy! See you there :-)

Paisley, Scotland...
Level Contributor
118 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just booked

When do you go Malcolm?

I'm flying from Gatwick 23rd Jan :D

Europe
Level Contributor
971 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just booked

I'm planning a trip or two to the south later this year and in either January or April next year.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
317 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just booked

Hi GrizzlyKev, me &hubby have been going to Thailand for over 10 years now but had our first trip to Khao Lak in May and fell in love with it. We had such a great time we have booked again for September (still rainy season ). Hope you both have a fantastic time.

Heather.

Paisley, Scotland...
Level Contributor
118 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just booked

Thanks folks,

really looking forward to it. It's both our first time in Thailand.

Just out of interest. How do you all normally get to Thailand? We were torn between flying Glasgow > Dubai > Phuket but in the end decided to fly direct from Gatwick on the Dreamliner rather than have a long stop in Dubai.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
317 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just booked

Hi, this time we are going with Thai airways from Heathrow to Bangkok then Phuket. Have done Etihad and Emirates a few times as well. Haven't got a favourite really, we just go for a good deal with not more than about 4 hours when you change aircraft. Travelbag we find have good package prices and have always been a reliable company in our opinion though we are going with Thomas Cook this time.

Heather.

Europe
Level Contributor
971 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just booked

I've liked both the Thai and EVA/Bangkok Airways routes from Heathrow. Both with just over an hour in BKK means you can get to Phuket and be going over the Sarasin Bridge around sunset. Then there's time to get to Khao Lak in time to change and go out for a cracking meal. Thai dosent have PE though, so it had to be RS. I've also used BA, but now they have an earlier flight into BKK, but this suits me now as my first destination is UTH and allows the transfer. I can also use my Avios for the ticket.

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
164 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just booked

GrizzlyKev I would love to hear how you find the gla to gatwick to Phuket. We usually fly emirates from gla to Dubai then onwards (via Bangkok this year but going directly to Phuket next year). Even though it's a 4 hrs stop in Dubai we reckon it was the best choice with having 2 toddlers with us. Out of interest how much did the trip doing the Dreamliner come in at? We are about £650 with Emirates. And my 3 yr old son can't get enough of the 'lovely ladies' ie Emirate cabin crew!

Paisley, Scotland...
Level Contributor
118 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just booked

Hey TheBoldBoysMum,

I will do.

All in all the price of the holiday worked out about the same no matter what way we went (including a night at Gatwick either side of the holiday) and the prospect of spending nearly 24 hours travelling was just too much over the Dreamliner. So we booked a package with Thomson in the end. We've flown the dreamliner before and it is amazing I have to say. Can't say much for the Crew though - nothing to shout home about ha.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
317 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just booked

Where are you staying GrizzlyKev? We flew on Emirates dreamliner from Gatwick to Dubai, it was great, very spacious for economy. We are booked again at the Sentido Graceland.

Heather.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations