We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

orchard cafe

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
orchard cafe

I was just wondering if anyone knows if the orchard cafe will be open when we get there on the 20th of this month, I heard it was closing for a month, is this true, I'll be deverstated if its shut after reading about it on TripAdvisor, plus we are staying at the sands which they say is a stones throw away.

Mata Cafe
₹, Thai, Cafe
Take a Seat Kaffee
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Cafe, Deli, Diner
The Eighth Room By Mata Cafe
₹, Cafe, Fast food, Asian
khao lak
Level Contributor
261 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: orchard cafe

its orchid cafe,i think she will open soon,i will try to find out.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,399 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: orchard cafe

"Devastated?" There are plenty of other excellent restaurants that will be open including near the Orchid even if the Orchid Cafe is closed.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket Orchid Resort & Spa
Phuket Orchid Resort...
755 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: orchard cafe

Thank you, I mean I won't slash my wrists if it's not open, but I've had my heart set on eating there and watching her cook in her little open kitchen.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
533 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: orchard cafe

The Orchid did have a sign displayed saying they would close for a month, but Dao the owner advised me (just a couple of days before closing) that he "may" re-open after 14 days ... so check it out each time you pass :-)

Mentioned in this post
Phuket Orchid Resort & Spa
Phuket Orchid Resort...
755 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: orchard cafe

Sounds good, thanks for that, can't wait to get over there, not many sleeps now!!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: orchard cafe

The orchid cafe is closed, reopen on the 28 July, the day we leave, Orr well we couldn't taste their food but they are doing our laundry, the food would have to be good to beat the smile restaurant across the road, went there last night, Sensational!!!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,399 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: orchard cafe

Comparing Orchid Cafe with Smile is apples and pears. Entirely different, entirely to be appreciated in their own right. For a relatively small area Khao Lak's approaching 200 eateries with diifferent Thai as well as growing number of international cuisines is one of its main attractions.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: orchard cafe

I'm not comparing anything, especially apples and pears, we are just simply trying to get around and try as many restaurants as we can in this beautiful part of Thailand and we are doing a pretty good job, you don't have to be sarcastic, or do you!!

Mentioned in this post
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,399 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: orchard cafe

Not being sarcastic at all and really no need to over react to what was supposed to a factual report encouraging others to sample the other restaurants in Khao Lak just as you are obviously doing.

Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: orchard cafe

Thank you, I can understand why you are so passionate about khao Lak, having been coming to Thailand for 30 years this place really makes my heart sing, my wife and I love it.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak