We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oh my....help with accomodation

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
36 reviews
Oh my....help with accomodation

My husband I and three young children have decided to spend our last 4 nights of our Thailand holiday in Khao Lak. We has originally planned to splurge and stay at the JWM.

Now my niece and mum are joining us which is great but makes the JWM a bit expensive for us.

I found a great deal at Centara Khao Lak however have just been emailed the resort map by them and it looks like we will need a packed lunch to get from the lobby to our room. I'm not fussed on this it's so far away.

Does anyone have any accomodation ideas on the beach that will accommodate 3 adults and 4 children.

Thanks so much in advance 😍

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
504 posts
183 reviews
1. Re: Oh my....help with accomodation

Staying early August at the Ramada with 2 adults, 5 children, interconnecting room.

UK
Level Contributor
736 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Oh my....help with accomodation

The orchid resort has family rooms on the ground floor which would suit the 5 of you, and the other two could get a second room. On the beach and quiet atmosphere. We email directly for a room quote.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: Oh my....help with accomodation

Resort maps are never drawn to scale but the one you have receivedappears to exaggerate the size of the Seaview. It is a large resort with accommodation both sides of the beach access road and main Reception roughly in the centre. Certain rooms,especially at the larger resorts, for instance at the JWM, have a fair distance between lobby and rooms or rooms and main restaurant.

The Nang Thong Bay (NTBR1) which is near the Seaview and a smaller resort has family accommodation but even with a small resort there is distance between accommodation and other parts of the resort.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,851 posts
89 reviews
4. Re: Oh my....help with accomodation

Check some reviews on Centara Seaview, there was a recent one where a family were given a "family" room in the new building up near the highway at the rear of the hotel, which is also outside the hotel grounds, and 400 metres to the beach. I suspect this is what you have been given. What month are you travelling?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
5. Re: Oh my....help with accomodation

" outside the hotel grounds" Where? Do you have a link by any chance to the latest site layout showing where the family residences are? There are other options which will be nearer the beach depending on family size but like most accommodation beachfrontor nearest beach is usually the most expensive.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,851 posts
89 reviews
6. Re: Oh my....help with accomodation

Alan there is a review on Centara May 19th by Gasman72 indicating the family rooms are in the newly built plaza building behind McDonalds, which is outside the rear gates to the hotel.

Khaolak
Level Contributor
127 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Oh my....help with accomodation

Confirmed with Tezzat, the family rooms are located in the plaza building behind McDonalds, they were renovated from the shops to the accommodation 2 years ago.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
8. Re: Oh my....help with accomodation

Sorry, from the earlier posts I thought it was another more recent addition to the Seaview than the shopping plaza converted by the previous owners.

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
703 posts
66 reviews
9. Re: Oh my....help with accomodation

If it's any help they do have golf buggies that go up and back.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
36 reviews
10. Re: Oh my....help with accomodation

Firstly sorry for the delay in replying. Thanks to all who replied.

The map shows that the rooms are near McDonald's.

I'm not sure how to upload the map for people's reference. Any ideas?