We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JW Marriott pool access room capacity!

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
62 posts
22 reviews
JW Marriott pool access room capacity!

I would appreciate some info on pool access rooms. I have been trying to locate the email address for JW and no luck. I have sent them a message via their Facebook page and still waiting for a reply. Email seems to be top secret. Wanting to find out if they can accommodate 2 adults and 2 children 12yrs & under in pool access room. Also 1 child may turn 13 just before we go depending on dates, are they really strict on age? Can not afford 2 rooms when older child would still be fine sharing sofa bed if that's what the set up is. Thank you in advance if anyone can help!

Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
73 reviews
1. Re: JW Marriott pool access room capacity!

Hi jacqui. We stayed last year and had 1 king bed and 1 sofa bed. Can the younger child sleep with you???? As I'm not sure they can do 2 x sofa beds???

Have you looked at the sands? They have a family room which sleeps 2 adults and 2 kids. It's like a trundle bed. We are staying there next week. IMO a much nicer resort than the jw, which to me is getting dated and is so far out of town. Just my opinion ion anyway. I prefer nice new hotels, but the jw is more traditionally Thai, if that's what your looking for.

Cheers

Verrena

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: JW Marriott pool access room capacity!

See tripadvisor.co.uk/…56255417 for JWM Email address.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
62 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: JW Marriott pool access room capacity!

Thank you for the link to the email but I had already searched for this in the forum and tried to send enquiry to same address. It just keeps coming back to me with "email address cannot be found, mail undelivered". ?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
4. Re: JW Marriott pool access room capacity!

These are the latest two addies that have worked for me mhrs.hktkl.ays@marriott.com and mhrs.hktkl.dosm@marriotthotels.com

Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
956 posts
27 reviews
5. Re: JW Marriott pool access room capacity!

Hi, we stayed in a pool access room and I would say it would not sleep four comfortably. They only have one sofa bed, however they do do family pool access suites which are slightly larger than pool access rooms and can sleep two kids on sofa beds. Maybe book one of these instead? We had connecting rooms with our two kids and it was fab,but yes, it can be expensive doing it that way.

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
73 posts
21 reviews
6. Re: JW Marriott pool access room capacity!

Hi

I am here now and we also came to the JW marriott last year!

They do allow 2 kids 12 and under to stay in one room.

One bed is made up on the sofa bed for one kid and they provide a rollaway bed for the other child.

IMO there is plenty of room for 2 kids in the pool access room, as the patio to the pool is large and you spend most of the time outside in the pool/beach anyway.

The kids beds are placed together up against the wall so they are out of the way to access the patio and the main entrance to the room and your bed. There is also another one person layback chair with ottoman and a small table. Also there is a desk and plenty of room for suitcases and to unpack for all 4 of you into cupboards and drawers.

We love the JW Marriott as it is very 'thai' style. I haven't stayed at The Sands so can't comment but have considered it.

The JW marriott is out of town but they have a regular shuttle bus which cost 50THB for adults and kids aged 9 and above, kids aged 4 to 8 are 25THB and kids under 4 are complimentary, so it's a cheap ride and much cheaper than a taxi into the local market or town for dinner/lunch.

I too, like to holiday with just ONE room which keeps the costs down.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
62 posts
22 reviews
7. Re: JW Marriott pool access room capacity!

Thank you everyone for your help on this! Great also to have a here now report on the rooms. I guess it will depend on the age of our eldest child as she is already 12 now and may turn 13 before we arrive in khao lak. Seems pointless to have to get an extra room for 1 child but I guess that's their policy. I can only ask when booking and see what they say. At least I know that we could fit in one room if they allow it! We stayed at the sands in march this year but it was only my Husband and I. Was not that impressed, it was nice but we probably do prefer thai style resorts so willing to give JW a go! Thanks again!

8. Re: JW Marriott pool access room capacity!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak