We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khoa Lak accommodation

Fleetwood, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Khoa Lak accommodation

Hi, I'm spending 7 weeks in Thailand from mid July - September and am thinking of doing Khoa Lak/ Khoa Sok National park on the way south after doing the north so at some point in August. I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of whether or not I'd need to book accommodation before arriving in Khoa Lak and whether it's best to just do a day trip to Khoa Sok from there or to actually stay there? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,395 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Khoa Lak accommodation

Undoubtedly you will be able to walk in to various resorts in August. Whether you will get better rates than by booking on-line in advance depends on which resort(s) you are considering and their location and whether they are contracted to on-line agencies. What standard are you thiking of and what budget so that ome uggestions can be made?

As for Khao Sok, one day hardly scratches the surface but given it is Wet Season there as wll it might be better to see what the weather is like when you arrive in Khao Lak and then decide how long you want to spend up there and book through an agent in Khao Lak.

Seeing that you are spending 7 weeks in Thailand what visa arrangements are you making?

Mentioned in this post
Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok National Park
Surat Thani Province, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
2. Re: Khoa Lak accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2015, 11:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak