We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The weather

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
700 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
The weather

Yesterday the weather improved with quite a bit of sunshine. The on shore winds kept the temperature pleasant on the beach although when the cloud cover came over it felt very cool in the wind. Today the wind has dropped at the moment the water has settled down to nice waves and it looks like the sun will shine.

One great addition to the town , a lady is now selling fresh fruit in the Main Street I know the supermarket has some fruit from time to time but being an Ozzie it is great to buy fresh fruit with out having to travel to the markets.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,405 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The weather

If this fruit seller is the one on the oppositer side from the Nang Thong Supermarket going out of town she is a regular and very expensive seller. There is usually another more reasonably priced shop on the same side as thisone but in the opposite direction nearly opposite Kasikorn Bank.

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
700 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The weather

The lady was next to khung opposite McDonald's ,not as cheap as the markets but was doing a trade from passing tourists.. Plenty of fruit and a good choice. Saved walking out of town and also a trip to the markets.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,405 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The weather

That's the one. Does a roaring trade but still very expensive.

Edited: 02 July 2014, 02:19
AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
700 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The weather

Maybe more expensive, but still a lot cheaper if you don't have to pay taxi fares to get to the markets.

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
700 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The weather

Yesterday's weather turned out to be lousy, rained right up to 4 o'clock . Today so far perfect,

This is the first time we have seen a fruit seller in the Main Street in the green season in 6years and another first yesterday was a lady selling pineapples cut up walking through the resort .

Edited: 02 July 2014, 08:11
Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The weather

I'll be there in two weeks... and the weather will be what it is. Now I know I won't have to walk too far in the rain (or the sun) to get fruit... LOL. So long as the water is not up to my knees (or above) and it's 35 degrees C (or below), I'll be happy.

Edited: 02 July 2014, 12:49
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,405 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The weather

Comments and pics and forecasts for weather at khao-lak-magazine.com/weather-climate/…

8. Re: The weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2015, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations