We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Lak in march

oxford
Level Contributor
81 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Khao Lak in march

Myself and my friend are visiting thailand in march 2015 for two weeks ..

We are flying into Phuket and booked 5 nights at the nang thong 2 beach bungalows . Just to start us off .

We are not sure if there is enough to do there for two weeks ?

So I need help ..

Is it easy to get around we don't want to hire a moped .

But what to travel about .

Is the shopping any good or is it better to go to Phuket to shop .. ?

And is the beach we are staying on a white sand blue sea ?

I'm not sure we are making the right choice ..

We like nice beaches, good food , shopping . Trips out on boats , Relaxing ..

So don't want to keep moving about to much ..

As we only have two weeks ..

If anyone can help !!!!!

Just want a stress free time ..

Oh we only booked 5 nights as the hotel is about 55.00 pounds a night no breakfast .

Thought that was quite a lot for Thailand .. So we will need to move ..

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Khao Lak in march

First, have you had a look through the Top Question FAQs on the right, ion particular Things to Do? There is plenty to do in and around in Khao Lak. What has made you reconsider Khao Lak? What things do you like to do? Have a look here at pics of the various things to do in and around KL tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

In answer to your specific queries:

"Is it easy to get around we don't want to hire a moped" - that depends what you want to do and see. You can book tours which are door to door or local taxis, called song thaws. Don't hire a scooter unless you are licenced to drive in UK. You will see why when you arrive.

"Is the shopping any good or is it better to go to Phuket to shop .. ? " - there are lots of shops just up from Nang Thong Beach where you are staying in Bang La On which is the main town in Khao Lak. However, they are mainly touristy type shops (souvenirs, T-shirts, shorts etc) which are also sold on the big and busy three afternoons a week market (Monday, Wednesday and Saturday) 10 minutes by taxi up the road in Bang Niang, For shopping malls and department stores then you would need to go to Patong or Central Festival near Phuket Town. Boss of Cheaper than Hotel Taxis does a day shopping trip. Contact cheaper_khaolak@ymail.com

"And is the beach we are staying on a white sand blue sea ? " - you will see for yourself from the pics of Nang Thong Beach which is a long beach. The ocean off all of the beaches in Khao Lak is usually beautiful turquoise colour but is not clear due to the tides and constant movement.

If you are looking or somewhere cheaper than NTBR2 there are a number in Bang La On or Bang Niang but not beach front. That always carries a premium.

Have a look at the Cousin Resort in Bang Niang where we stay for 5 months every year. It is great value, just 5 minutes back from th beach and easy walking distance to lots of restaurants, bars, shops and Bang Niang Market. See http://www.cousinresort.com/

If you want to stay near Nang Thong Beach have a look at Walkers Inn http://www.walkersinn.com/

If you can't have a stress free time in Khao Lak you can't have one anywhere!

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Nang Thong Beach
Nang Thong Beach
71 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Phuket Town
Phuket Town
Phuket, Thailand
Cheaper than Hotel Taxis
Cheaper than Hotel Taxis
1,005 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Cousin Resort
Cousin Resort
82 Reviews
Khuk Khak, Thailand
Bang Niang Market
Bang Niang Market
956 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
Walkers Inn
Walkers Inn
504 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
oxford
Level Contributor
81 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Khao Lak in march

Wow thank you for all your info ..

I've been to Thailand a few times years ago krabi , phi phi , ect ..

But my friend has never been .. And never been to KL .

We don't want to keep moving ..

The cousins resort looks really good ..

You must know KL very well as staying there for so long .

I think we will be happy with our choice .

And that you for your help .. :-))) cant wait to go

Mentioned in this post
3. Re: Khao Lak in march

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2015, 09:47