We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao lak hotels for kids

scotland
Level Contributor
241 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Khao lak hotels for kids

Looking for a hotel for me snd my wife and 2 year old. We don't want anywhere that's isolated as we want to experience the local area. Is Ramada good for this?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Khao lak hotels for kids

The Ramada is an excellent resport in an excellent location on the widest, safest and best part of Bang Niang Beach. There are beach restaurants either side and easy access to many more in the nearby streets and more up on the highway. See map of Bang Niang at walagata.com/w/…Bang_Niang_October_2013.jpg Pics of Bang Niang and other beaches at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k… and pics of the Ramada at https:/…

When are you thinking of going?

scotland
Level Contributor
241 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Khao lak hotels for kids

Thanks, going in January

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Khao lak hotels for kids

OK. Beaches are at their best then, so is the weather. Hotel rates tend to drop from Peak Season highs usually about middle of the month.

Edited: 20 June 2014, 14:16
Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
164 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Khao lak hotels for kids

Hi,

Many lovely hotels in khao lak for you to choose from but the one thing I would say that if you have a toddler who needs a long nap (we were there last Jan with a 3& 2 yr old) is pick an hotel/ accommodation that you like spending time in! We spent easily 3 hrs during the day with naps & the coming too and found that you need to find one that suits your needs ie where will ickle person nap & what you do while this is happening. We found that we preferred somewhere that we could sit outside within range of monitor suited us best. Don't under estimate how much time you will spend in accommodation with a toddler even at night when they have gone to bed!

scotland
Level Contributor
241 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Khao lak hotels for kids

Thanks, the days if afternoon naps are long gone unfortunately!

How does the Ramada compare to the Sands? The rooms in Ramada look a bit small?

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
164 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Khao lak hotels for kids

You might want to consider the heat wiping out the wee person especially at that time of year. Ours took a good week to adapt coming from freezing slush windy rain to glorious sunshine & warmth.

Haven't stayed in Ramada or Sands. We did consider the Sands for next year but went for the Leaf instead. We are big fans of having a bungalow as the kids can play outside and you can easily keep an eye on them. Also big rooms too!

We stayed in NTBR1 and Cousin Resort last year. If we just had 1 wee one I would go for the garden/ beachfront bungalows in NTBR1. We lived Cousin Resort too but for different reasons- friendly, small resort with big rooms.

scotland
Level Contributor
241 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Khao lak hotels for kids

Thanks, we really can't decide on a hotel!

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
164 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Khao lak hotels for kids

You might want to consider the heat wiping out the wee person especially at that time of year. Ours took a good week to adapt coming from freezing slush windy rain to glorious sunshine & warmth.

Haven't stayed in Ramada or Sands. We did consider the Sands for next year but went for the Leaf instead. We are big fans of having a bungalow as the kids can play outside and you can easily keep an eye on them. Also big rooms too!

We stayed in NTBR1 and Cousin Resort last year. If we just had 1 wee one I would go for the garden/ beachfront bungalows in NTBR1. We lived Cousin Resort too but for different reasons- friendly, small resort with big rooms.

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
164 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Khao lak hotels for kids

Sorry didn't mean I post previous! I was just going to say that it depends what your main priorities are. Staying in around Bang la on is great for being next to loads of restaurants and shopping at night. If you are staying less than a week I would probably say that would be my option. If you are staying for a few weeks you could break it up and spend a week in Biang nang. Next year we are spending a week in bang la on, 3 days on pak weep and then 10 days in Biang niang that way we have the best of loads of world!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Khao lak hotels for kids

What is your short list now? What are your doubts with each? Don't know how they compare with the Sands but the Ramada rooms are not small and the ground floor Deluxe Lanai/Terrace rooms are excellent with their oversized terrace and access straight out to the pool area and beach.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations