We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currently at Beyond Resort for 2 weeks

UK
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
Currently at Beyond Resort for 2 weeks

We arrived at Beyond on Friday evening.

Having walked along the beach both ways it's fair to say nothing is open. There was no sign of life to the left of the hotel and to the right it looked likes one of the massage places was open but nothing elSe.

There are 3 restaurants just at the entrance to the hotel one on the same side called Sunrise (I think) and 2 across the road called Sairang and the Garden restaurant. We are at Sairang and it wa delicious the lady looking after us could

Not have been any nicer, she kept bringing food out telling us it was on the house. It was all very enjoyable and we virtually had to roll back to the hotel we were that full and the food was delicious, we will be back.

Any questions I'm happy to try and answer.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Currently at Beyond Resort for 2 weeks

Is the new Elicious Restaurant to the right of the entrance to the Beyond not open or is that the one you refer to as the Sunrise?

Also did you walk past Le Meridien and is the Rim Lay just past there not open either? It usually stays open all year.

UK
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Currently at Beyond Resort for 2 weeks

Hi Alan,

I'm pretty sure it was called Sunrise but we are going to take a walk up there at lunchtime so I will have a look to see if Elicious is there and we missed it.

Deffo nothing on the beach. We walked quite far past the Le Meridian and nothing. Carstan at the hotel told us there had been a really bad storm on the full moon that caused a lot of damage as reading other reviews Ma Ma Leks was open until very recently so I'm assuming the storm wiped them out. The beach directly in front of Beyond has been badly hit and has washed away all the sand leaving big rocks exposed and no easy way to get onto the beach. The hotel have erected a fence as the sand suddenly drops off just in front of the beach restaurant.

Went into Khao Lak last night and had a delicious Massaman curry at Walkers Inn. The sat outside at the Chang bar next yo McDonalds enjoying a drink or 2 and listening to 2 brilliant singers.

Wet season is in full swing today solid rain and no end in sight.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
35 posts
70 reviews
3. Re: Currently at Beyond Resort for 2 weeks

Arriving tomorrow night. Hope rain stops. Have you found elicious best the entrance? It is meant to be very good. If it is pouring rain what is there to do at resort. Bringing 3 teenagers so need to be prepared. Cheers

Edited: 20 June 2014, 10:51
Italy
Level Contributor
39,684 posts
234 reviews
4. Re: Currently at Beyond Resort for 2 weeks

Hi, thanks for your updates, hopefully the rain will clear up, it usually does.

Level Contributor
19 posts
5. Re: Currently at Beyond Resort for 2 weeks

Does anyone know if the merlin hotel has been affected by the bad weather as I heard there has been a bit of flooding. Will be in khaolak in 4 weeks time hopefully things will settle down weather wise thanks

UK
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Currently at Beyond Resort for 2 weeks

Sorry I lost my mail access a few days into the holiday. Deffo no Elicious on the main road. It it had opened again on the beach.

He weather seemed to have calmed down. In the 2 weeks we were there we had solid rain for 2 days maybe 5 cloudy/sunny days and the rest hot hot hot sunshine.

Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
7. Re: Currently at Beyond Resort for 2 weeks

Hi, we go to Beyond for 2 weeks in December and can't wait. Our first trip to Thailand! Can you recommend anything for our stay there? How is the resort? Are the staff good? I hope the weather improves for you, although I'm sure it won't ruin your trip. I bet it's like paradise!

UK
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Currently at Beyond Resort for 2 weeks

Hi Telisha,

We have been back a week now, jet lag just about gone.

The hotel staff are lovely, I would recommend eating at the beach restaurants or the 3 restaurants just near the entrance of Beyond as we found the resort food over priced and not as nice.

Happy hour is good there is 40% off drinks during this time.

If you are feeling flush I can wholeheartedly recommend an upgrade to one of the beach villas, they are stunning. We had the 2 bedroom one right in the edge of the resort with an uninterrupted sea view. It was amazing to go to sleep and wake up with the sound of the sea.

Trips wise as we were there in wet season we were slightly limited but we visited Khao sok national park, James Bond Island and also hired a taxi for the day to take us to Phuket and the surrounding area. The big Budda is deffo worth a visit.

There's some great restaurants in both Khao Lak centre and Bang Niang, Gold Elephant, and Khao Niaw being our favourites but my best massaman curry was at Walkers Inn. We honestly did not have a bad meal the entire time we were there. Least favourite ironically was the number 1 on trip advisor Everyday. Check out the singers at the Chang Bar next to McDonalds in Khao Lak centre, they were great entertainment.

Hope this helps

Jan x

Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
9. Re: Currently at Beyond Resort for 2 weeks

Hi Jan!

Thanks for that! We will definitely try out your recommendations. We have booked to stay in a premier villa but would of loved a pool villa however there was an addition cost of £2400 through the travel agent so we said we will see what the cost is when we arrive at the resort.

Thanks! Telisha x

10. Re: Currently at Beyond Resort for 2 weeks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2015, 09:47