We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Merlin Resort - ATM

Rhondda-Cynon-Taff
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Merlin Resort - ATM

Hi

I'll be in Khao Lak on the 20th June and staying at the Merlin Resort. Does anyone know if there is an ATM close to the hotel? I've read that the currency rate is best in Thailand but I don't want to rely on this if there are no ATMs close to the hotel.

Thanks

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Merlin Resort - ATM

As you approach the Merlin from the highway there are some restaurants, bars, shops and small plaza with at least one ATM there. Bang la On the main town is just 10 minutes by shuttle or taxi over the mountain and as well as lots of restaurants, bars and shops there are banks with bank kiosks and ATMs as well as other ATMs sited outside supermarkets and shops.Avoid using any TMB ATMs as they give the lowest rate.

If you haven't already have a look at this Travellers Article tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293915-s601/Thailand… about all currency options.

Edited: 10 June 2014, 22:53
Ramsgate, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Merlin Resort - ATM

Hi guys/girls. I'm looking for fourteen days in khao lak in mid November ..is this going to be the best place in thailand to maybe see some sunshine ???

3. Re: Merlin Resort - ATM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 June 2014, 12:35
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Merlin Resort - ATM

Duplicate post.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Merlin Resort - ATM

Alfromkent

You are more likely to get replies if you started a new topic or added your query on a relevant one :-)

However, pending that, you are not guaranteed sunshine in Khao Lak or anywhere in Thailand in November due to changing weather patterns. On the west/Andaman Coast which covers most famously Phuket, Khao Lak, Krabi, Ko Lanta and PhiPhi, November is the beginning of the Dy Season but it doesn't automatically switch over on 1st November so there is "usually" some residual rain and cloud in the early part, settling down from mid-November onwards but "usually" with plenty of sun. It is a pleasant month as it is not too hot by day nor humid in the evening and the Wet Season rains have left the area fresh and green. If you have a look at these photos of all of Khao Lak's various beaches taken between November 2013 and April 2014, the ones at the beginning of each album will show what it was like last November tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

Any more questions, for example, about accommodation options in a new topic please. An idea of your budget and whether you want lots of restaurants and bars on the doorstep will help considerably with suggestions.

Ramsgate, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Merlin Resort - ATM

Thanks very much..saw my error on the posting as a reply not a new post...I've taken on board your reply and will favour my trip towards back end of November

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,427 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Merlin Resort - ATM

Make sure you tell your bank you are going to Thailand. My husband travels extensively on business (Japan, India, Indonesia etc) without previous incident. Our card was rejected by the ATM and the hotel machine. The ATM is about 5 min walk from the hotel BTW. Out the front, left down the hill, right at the T junction, straight on until the end.

It was our fault really for not letting the bank know, it is just we never had a problem before. This left us without much cash for several days while trying to sort things out, because apart from that the Wi-Fi went down at the hotel and then we ran out of Skype credit! Which meant we missed out on a few day trips! So just a warning to others. Luckily we had taken some Baht otherwise we would have been left high and dry!

Now we are going to have to return, to do the trips we missed. What a shame :)

8. Re: Merlin Resort - ATM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2015, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations