We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Lak - Private Pool Villa for Honeymoon in December

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Khao Lak - Private Pool Villa for Honeymoon in December

Hi,

I have been scouring the web for a private pool villa for our honeymoon in December this year, and everytime I think I've found 'the one' I do a bit more digging and find out why its too good to be true, e.g. miles away from beaches or town etc.

Can anyone give recommendations for a villa with private pool that would be in the US$ 170 to 350 per night range, and is still within walking distance of a good beach and town?

Thanks

Edited: 05 June 2014, 00:20
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,401 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Khao Lak - Private Pool Villa for Honeymoon in December

After the 2004 Tsunami decimated Khao Lak, most redevelopment and investment has been in resorts as opposed to villas and condominiums. Whilst there may be demand the astronomical cost of land by the beach makes individual, privately owned/rented property very few and far between. However, there are a number of high end resorts that have private pools and, whilst generally on the more secluded beaches, these are the most beautiful ones. However, beachfront prices are also reflected in these villa resort villa rentals too, particularly from the middle of December to the middle of January which is Peak Season because of Xmas and New Year.

This previous topic identifies one particular property in an idyllic position on Pak Weeb Beach (see below)http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k6860512-Khao_Lak_villa_help_please-Khao_Lak_Phang_Nga_Province.html The main reservation about this property is that, if it is still available, it is rented when the owner is not using it but he leaves all his belongings there while he is away. I passed those comments on to my friend who is his agent so it may change for future bookings. The prices quoted are negotiable.

Without knowing which properties you have found and where, these are the beach resorts with private pools. The maps at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k… show the various locations and the pics at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k… show all the beaches over the last High Season:

* Pak Weeb Beach, 20 - 25 minutes north by hotel shuttle or taxi from the main townships of Bang Niang and Bang La On but, in High Season, with plenty of dining options nearby on the beach

* 5* Adult Only Beyond Khao Lak Resort - pool villas direct beachfront or one row back.

* 5* Le Meridien, large established resort with private villa section to one side - pool villas direct beachfront or one row back

* 5* Katiliya Pool Villa Resort, brand new all pool villa resort, just going through soft opening so should be established for December, immediately adjacent to Le Meridien - see http://www.katiliya.com/khaolak/index.html#!/page_info

* 5* Adult Only Sarojin Resort,luxury small boutique resort and probably most popular honeymoon resort with private jacuzzi villas.

* Bang Niang Beach - second largest town with eclectic range of excellent restaurants, growing number of bars, small shops and home of 3 afternoons a week Bang Niang Market.

* 5* Casa de la Flora - all pool villa resort, overlooking the beach but no direct beachfront,, with state of the art fixtures, fittings and entertainment systems.

* 4* Ramada Resort - consistently recommended resort with private villas back from the beach and beachfront ones without pools.

* Khao Lak (South) Beach - the first beach you reach coming from Phuket with just a handful of resorts with growing number of restaurants, bars and small shops in the area and just 10 minutes by shuttle/taxi over the mountain into the main town of Bang La On.

* 4* Merlin Resort - large, established resort with a couple of beach villas to one side beachfront.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort
Le Meridien Phuket Beach...
3,473 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,858 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bang Niang Market
Bang Niang Market
959 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
Casa de La Flora
Casa de La Flora
572 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Patong Merlin Hotel
Patong Merlin Hotel
1,849 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
2. Re: Khao Lak - Private Pool Villa for Honeymoon in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 11:45
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations