We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12 nights in khao lak

australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
12 nights in khao lak

This is our 1st time in thailand. is 12 nights in khao lak too many or thinking of splitting the holiday with kata or karon. Two 50 year olds wanting to chillout eat drink & relax. Budget for accom. under $100 a night.

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 12 nights in khao lak

Because this is your first time, I'd 'split' it - 6/6 nights - between the two just so you can compare. I've been to Phuket (Patong) and have no desire to back... but it's something you have to see once.

I have 28 nights at Khao Lak booked in July/Aug. That will not be too long! I'd stay longer but can only enter Thailand on visa waver for 30 days.

Edited: 04 June 2014, 16:25
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 12 nights in khao lak

What time of year are you thinking of then we can suggest some accomodation options in Khao Lak?

khao lak
Level Contributor
264 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 12 nights in khao lak

if it is soon,the best value,by far,is the leaf.

australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 12 nights in khao lak

We will be holidaying from 7th November. Just finding accomodation costs high compared to where we normally stay in Bali for $56 a night. Recently been to Cambodia, which was cheaper again. Also hotel must have a pool. Thanks

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 12 nights in khao lak

The Andaman Sea coast of Thailand has the opposite, high/low season times of year to Bali. November is the beginning of high season in Khao Lak when prices can be double or more that of low season.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 12 nights in khao lak

Hi Kiama

Have a look at Nang Thong Bay resort you can get a beachfront bungalow (if they have any left) for under )100 and garden bungalow cheaper still, great resort nice pool and beachfront, great location too :)

www.nangthong.com

To book send an email direct to Jist and not through the website nangthong1@hotmail.com

Personally I don't think 12 nights is long enough let alone too long, but as a first time you might want to do a few days in Phuket first and finish in KL, but from what you say KL ticks all your boxes :)

Happy planning

Mossy :)

Mornington...
Level Contributor
179 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 12 nights in khao lak

I just returned from a 14 night stay at Nang Thong Bay Resort and it ticked all of the boxes for me being a mature traveller. Beachfront, easy walk shops and restaurants, a beautiful well maintained resort. I stayed in a 3rd floor apartment which suited me, however if you are wanting a sea view best you go for a bungalow. I was going to spend 1st week here then go back to Cape Panwa for the second but as the week went on I decided to stay here. Haven't had time to put review on T/ A yet.

australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 12 nights in khao lak

We will be holidaying from 7th November. Just finding accomodation costs high compared to where we normally stay in Bali for $56 a night. Recently been to Cambodia, which was cheaper again. Also hotel must have a pool. Thanks

Thanks deciding on nang thong bay & nang thong beach resort for 6 nights then off to ao nang for 6 nights

Sydney
Level Contributor
289 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 12 nights in khao lak

Hi, yes we are in same age bracket as you. We are splitting our time between Khao Lak and Karon in August. Got great deals with flight centre as both hotels have a buy one night, second free.

As you are also in Oz, register to get Luxury Escapes emails as they have great deals too. Can see them in weekend papers.

We adore Thailand. Happy travels.

australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 12 nights in khao lak

Thanks will check flight centre out. Which hotels do you stay in at khao lak & karon. Also have you been to Ao Nang in Krabi & if so your hotel recommendations.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak