We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused does

UK
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
Confused does

Does anyone know why my post was removed titled curfew?

I only asked if anyone knew if it had been lifted in Khao Lak as I read it had in Phuket.

I didn't think it was either inappropriate or offensive.

Jan

lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,728 posts
206 reviews
1. Re: Confused does

Hi,

Any post that asks about the curfew in regional destinations is removed these days unless it's posted on the main thread that is a sticky...

Even though syntax of the OP leaves a lot to be desired. ;-)

Cheers

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Confused does

There are some very misguided people about who conspire to remove any new post relating to the curfew even though it has nothing to do with the now, as Paulo says out of date Sticky and other posts on the Thailand Forum.

It is entirely relevant and appropriate in the current circumstances for people to post on other than the Phuket, Pattaya or Koh Samui forums where the curfew has been lifted to ask what the latest information is on the curfew in other destinations.Not everyone reads the Thailand or the other three forums and have every right to post on destination forums without self-appointed moderators removing the post.

The latest position as I understand it is that the curfew will be withdrawn in other tourist destinations at some yet to be determined date in the future.

Let's hope this topic remains to inform people interested in Khao Lak about what the situation is there.

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: Confused does

This deleting of 'curfew' posts is stupid - I've been all over the forums trying to piece together what is happening and where. If understand correctly, the curfew has been lifted in Phuket, Koh Samui and Pattaya, but remains in all other areas.

So, there's currently (as of this post) still a curfew in Khao Lak?

UK
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Confused does

Thanks guys, I wondered what I had said to offend. I don't go on the other forums as it's khao lak that I have a current interest in.

Well if I find out any info re the curfew being removed in Khao Lak I will post if on here (I'm not scared lol) likewise if anyone else finds any new info please share.

lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,728 posts
206 reviews
5. Re: Confused does

Hi,

That's the stupidity of the current removal of sub forum posts.

As of today, the only areas where the curfew is lifted are Phuket, Samui and Pattaya. Hopefully other areas will follow soon.

Cheers

khao lak
Level Contributor
273 posts
1 review
6. Re: Confused does

just start drinking earlier.jobs a good en

UK
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Confused does

Ha ha, that would deffo be the plan,

Andy, if the curfew is lifted will you be showing any of the England games in your bar?

Jan

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
8. Re: Confused does

I've been known to have beer for breakfast when on holidays. On cruise ships, I get 'funny looks' walking through the lido buffet at 07:00 with Becks in hand.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
9. Re: Confused does

"Undersecretary Suvat Sithilor said the Tourism and Sports Ministry will ask the National Council for Peace and Order to lift a curfew currently imposed from midnight until 4am in the southern holiday spots of Krabi, Phang Nga and Hat Yai." Lets hope the junta agrees.

UK
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
10. Re: Confused does

Thanks Alan,

I saw that late last night, you beat me to it.

Fingers crossed as it's only 6 days until we leave the UK.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak