We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Storms, rain and clouds

Bristol, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Storms, rain and clouds

Hi everyone

First of all I must thank everyone on the forum. I have been avidly reading for three months now. I've found so much useful information here this is the first time I've actually needed to post a question : )

We fly out on Monday and I am feeling really worried about the weather. I should point out that I'm not being simple and I did know it's wet/green season, I read plenty of articles on the subject and have previously been to other southern parts of Thailand in wet season. I was expecting sudden downpours and even a few days of total rain but when I check the weather forecasts on various sites I'm seeing a dark cloud and rain symbol, does this really mean all day awful weather?

I'd appreciate some reassurance or even some tough love saying 'yes it will rain all day, deal with it!'

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Level Contributor
29 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Storms, rain and clouds

We have been in Khao Lak for 4 days, and up until today the weather has been nice with a little bit of rain here and there. Today the rain has been constant but it's up to you to to make the most of the good days and the not so good days

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,711 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Storms, rain and clouds

If you check the forecast for Thailand pretty much 365 days of the year will have that symbol. It is because Thailand is a tropical country and there is always a chance of thunderstorms no matter what time of year.

I have travelled for a month in Thailand where this symbol was evident every day but we hardly saw a drop of rain.

You are right though, you are travelling in green season so chances are you will see rain. How much and for how long it lasts is very unpredictable.

Mentioned in this post
Mornington...
Level Contributor
177 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Storms, rain and clouds

I have been here for almost 2 weeks now, some days no rain at all, most days an odd quick downpour then sunshine and today probably about 5 hours of rain (so far). Still able to get out for a meal and a bit of shopping.

Bristol, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Storms, rain and clouds

Thanks for the speedy replies everyone.

I'll just concentrate on looking forward to the holiday! : )

5. Re: Storms, rain and clouds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2015, 10:46