We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's on this week in Khao Lak?

Level Contributor
29 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
What's on this week in Khao Lak?

Hi TA friends,

Day 3 of our Khao Lak stay and what great a place! Even though it is low season, we are having a great time. The Sands is a beautiful hotel but would love to do some stuff in town, trivia nights or live bands or open to any other suggestions! Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,447 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's on this week in Khao Lak?

Pity you had to pick a title for your topic which is same as the existing Sticky which was started to record any events that are taking place as and when they are notified. If there's nothing there it's because no-one has posted any information but not that there is nothing going on. Also have a look at the Top Question FAQ on the right "What Evening Entertainment is there in Khao Lak?" at tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g297914-c202327/Kha…

If you find anything please add to the Sticky post for others.

Cheers.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,447 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's on this week in Khao Lak?

See post just added for news about a new music venue.

Level Contributor
29 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's on this week in Khao Lak?

I am very sorry Arandora, that was not my intention. Feel free to close the topic. It is hard to follow the other guides as it is low season and a lot of the venues are closed. When you are getting a taxi to these venues it can be quite frustrating. We were hoping that someone may have been able to guide us to venues or events that they knew were definitely still open and active! Again I apologise for the title. Cheers Scott & Marnie

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,447 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's on this week in Khao Lak?

No apologies necessary and I fully understand the point. Perhaps this topic may kick start others in providing current information. It has been difficult for my friends in Khao Lak to give me information about late night events because of the curfew. Latest news is that it may soon be withdrawn completely in tourist destinations outside Bangkok. I hope so.

It wasn't helped by the Monkey Bar, one of the music bars that usually remains open all year, being demolished a few weeks ago. However, it has relocated to just opposite the Kasikorn Bank which is just down the road from the Sands. Other places to go which will be open are in Bang Niang a short ride up the road. There is Mars Bar for good food, good drink and a good laugh with owner Mars (on your right just past Hill Tribes Restaurant). Degree Bar for food, drink and live Thai rock/reggae music (on your left past Mars and bear entrance to the market). Song Bar (on the right hand side inside the market (food, drink and music).

Well, I hope these are all open!

Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Mars Bar
Mars Bar
325 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
29 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's on this week in Khao Lak?

Thanks Arandora! Will try and check these out and post if they are open!

Level Contributor
29 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's on this week in Khao Lak?

Last night we spent the evening at Mars Bar! Mars and the girls are lots of fun, the food was equally amazing and not to mention numerous Fisu shots! My advice if you are looking for something fun to do, go here!

Mentioned in this post
Mars Bar
Mars Bar
325 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
7. Re: What's on this week in Khao Lak?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2015, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak