We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

khao lak April 2015 - trips bars and food

3 posts
khao lak April 2015 - trips bars and food

I am booked into the sensimar khao lak hotel and departing in april next year. From most reviews I have seen I get the impression it is really quite. I am happy for quite and relaxed as long as there area few local bars. Im not too picky bout do like a couple of choices and a little atmosphere. Could anyone give any suggestions. Also, is it easy to arrange trips to temple, beach such as phi phi? What are the prices I can expect. I would also like to go to thekhao lak ststadium to see a muay thai fight. Prices and advice / suggestions greatly appreciated

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: khao lak April 2015 - trips bars and food

The Sensimar is ideally located on the junction of Sunset Beach and Nang Thong Beach and right at the entrance to Bang La On, the main township of Khao Lak which has the most restaurants and shops and plenty bars all within easy walking distance. If you look at the FAQs and recent posts you will find plenty of recommendations for restaurants. There are lots of tour shops offering various tours, including the 3 Temple Tour near Krabi and Phi Phi Island. Prices are very competitive so just shop around when you arrive. Fight nights at the Khao Lak Boxing Stadium, which is 15 minutes by taxi up the road near the Khuk Khak Bus Station, are on Tuesday and Friday nights. See here for details including prices rawaimuaythai.com/khaolakgym/khaolak-boxing-… A new stadium is being built in Bang La On but not sure when it will be completed and whether it is instead of or as well as the one in Khuk Khak.

3 posts
2. Re: khao lak April 2015 - trips bars and food

Thank you so much that's really helpful

3. Re: khao lak April 2015 - trips bars and food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 11:45
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak