We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants open in June

sydney australia
Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants open in June

We will be staying at The Sensimar for 10 days from 7th June. Can anyone please recommend any restaurants open in the area. I have been told that there is one just outside (was hoping to do a cooking course as well) but can't remember the name nor find the posts.

I believe the resort is quite close to the town.

All help will be appreciated

Little Italy
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Italian, Pizza, Barbecue
Pam's Restaurant & Bar
₹, Seafood, Asian, Thai
Siam Turmeric
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Seafood, Fast food, Deli
Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants open in June

It's only about a 10-min. walk from the Sensimar to the center of Bang La On where there are a plethora of restaurants that will be open.

The Golden Elephant is very close to the Sensimar; as is Walker's Inn if you have a hankering for English 'pub fare' (as well as Thai) at very reasonable prices.

Mentioned in this post
Golden Beach Resort
Golden Beach Resort
1,009 Reviews
Ao Nang, Thailand
khao lak
Level Contributor
261 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants open in June

the cooking course you refer to would be everyday 2 ,opposite the gates to sensimar,great food,top people.and a good cooking course,clear and easy to understand

sydney australia
Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants open in June

Thank you cruisemonkey I will look out for those and pleased to know that we will be within walking distance of the town. Looks as if you are a cruise junkie as I am.

That is the one, walkersinn, Everyday 2. Do you know if they are still open in June and also if I need to pre book the cooking class?

4. Re: Restaurants open in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 May 2014, 12:35
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,257 posts
533 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants open in June

In addition to the 3 named above there is The Sun Star Siam (and maybe one more?).

All are across the road close to the Sensimar and all should be open ... and if you turn right when leaving the Sensimar and walk up the hill (maybe 10 minutes) you will come to the Muanlai E-Sarn (pretty basic decore, but the best view on the coast).

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,401 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants open in June

Everyday opens throughout the year. Just go in for a meal and book your cookery class with Goy, the owner, who will plan a menu with you and arrange the date to suit. Lots of other restaurants and shops open just down the road.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants open in June

Everyday 2 was the first restaurant we tried upon arriving in Khao Lak,as we also stayed at the Sensimar. Believe me, it is not rated no.1 in Khao Lak by tripadvisor for nothing! I would go as far as saying it was the best Thai food we've had anywhere in the world. I'm still kicking myself for not booking a cooking class with Goy earlier in our stay as when we went to book, she had no vacancies left. Next time!

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Canton of Aargau...
Level Contributor
97 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants open in June

Yes you'r right, Everyday 2 has also been our favorit for years. Happy to be there again next high season.

Hans

sydney australia
Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants open in June

Thank you very much everyone, fantastic help.

Arandora, do you think if I just go in the first day We should be able to book for the class as I would hate to miss out?

Matthew H, I stupidly hadn't even looked at the top ranked restaurants so am fairly excited to be staying so close to this one.

Jumpstart, thank you for the tips on other restaurants, Muanlai E Sarn sounds great as decore does not worry us, good food and a view sounds terrific.

I am very pleased to hear that lots will be open.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,401 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants open in June

Absolutely no problem booking if you go first day. The course is in the morning starting with a trip to the food market in Khuk Khak (confusingly called Bang Niang Market not to be confused with the 3 afternoons a week all purpose market in Bang Niang LOL) to select your ingredients with Goy advising on them, then back to the kitchen to do hand on tuition of cooking your menu, then the most important and enjoyable part (especially for me who was a mere spectator and taster) eating it for lunch.

Mentioned in this post
Khuk Khak
Khuk Khak
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bang Niang Market
Bang Niang Market
957 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak